Androgel to Injectable Conversion

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by tusoa, Aug 22, 2018.

1. tusoa

tusoa Member

I'm on trt with injectable testosterone at 300 mg per week. Yes I know that's a little high for trt, but Im running a mini cycle right now (im prescribed 150/WK). Anyway, I'm also fortunate to have a pretty good stock of androgel 1.62%. Does anyone know how much is absorbed on average of the gel? Each pump has 20mg, but I know not all of it is absorbed. I just want some reference point as to how much AndroGel needs to be used to correspond with the same amount of milligrams injected. I know the absorption rate varies by person, but there has to be a typical range. I've read the 5000 word pamphlet that came with it and nothing gives me any reference.

2. Rosconow

Rosconow Member

Im on 1% androgel. I came across some transdermal site that said something about 25% absorption. That would make sense as my 6 pumps a day is close 80mg. @ 25% absorption over a week period is 140mg +/-.

3. tusoa

tusoa Member

Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for. I was so surprised that the pamphlet in the Box didn't give any reference at all to even a arrange of absorption.

4. Rosconow

Rosconow Member

Hey off topic, but what kind of dog is that in your avatar?
    I have a beagle/ king charles mix that looks exactly like it, but no where near as ripped! 20180325_132230.jpg

5. tusoa

tusoa Member

It's funny you ask that, I've always wanted to know myself. He was a rescue. He almost looks like a champion pitbull with the face of a beagle. So I'm not a hundred percent sure. He's the most loving gentle giant you would ever meet. But if you ring the doorbell and peep through the plate glass window, you'll run for your life as he races toward the door. He's about a hundred pounds of pure muscle.

6. Rosconow

Rosconow Member

Mine would have to be on 20mg dbol a day with 3000 cal to catch up to your guy ;)
    Good luck on your mini blast.

7. Glad this thread isn’t what I thought it was gonna be about, with the title I thought you were asking how to convert the gel into an injectable form lol.

I read somewhere awhile back that absorption of androgel was around ~10% but I don’t remember where so it might not be accurate. Makes sense tho as others on trt told me to stay away from the gel in favor of injections cause the gel sucked in comparison but I’ve never done the gel so can’t comment personally.

8. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Worf, TideGear and The Terminator like this.
  9. Rosconow

Rosconow Member

I chose the gel frankly because i'm so sick of pins. Steroid use/ abuse is what got me to the need of trt. Sure, when i do my little blasts i do pin, but to do it for a lifetime all the time sickens me.

The androgel for me, gets me in the 950- 1050 total t range consistently. Thats where i want to be. The gel does have its drawbacks, but as a personal choice for me, the pros outweigh the cons.

10. Goingstronger

Goingstronger Member

How many pumps a day get you at those levels?
    What concentration is your bottle?

11. Rosconow

Rosconow Member

7 pumps, 1%. My doc says i have very good trans dermal absorption. I also have to use .25mg amiridex e3d to keep my estro in check. Was thinking about throwing in some proviron @ 25mg ed for shits and gigs.

12. Goingstronger

Goingstronger Member

Thanks!

Do you split morning/pre-bed the pumps?
    Doesn’t a pre-bed dose make you hyper before sleep?
    Did you get your DHT measured on transdermal? It usually is much higher than injectibles.
    Proviron would have to be high I think to outperform the high DHT from transdermal T, very curious to know what DHT levels look like on 50mg proviron a day.

I am very curious about transdermal applications, and we don’t have much users report, hence my many questions!

13. Rosconow

Rosconow Member

Just apply once in morning after shower. No dht bloods.
    Will start proviron @25mg and go from there.

Goingstronger likes this.
  14. Goingstronger

Goingstronger Member

Let me know if you draw bloods on Proviron.
    Curious what DHT will look like