Anonymous Email?

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by Testing12, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Testing12

Testing12 Member

Considering that I am not tech savvy in the slightest would anyone care to help a guy out? I've found a few supposedly free sucure email accounts and would like to know who is the best and if when creating the account do I use my real information? Any help would be appreciated.

2. System7

System7 Member

Most the time sources will have their own specific email service they use. Tutanota and protonmail are probably the most common at this point. End to end encryption. Countermail is also popular though it's a paid service.

JC456 and Sk8man101 like this.
  3. Testing12

Testing12 Member

So the encryption is done already?

4. System7

System7 Member

Your both using the same client so yes. You email protonmail to protonmail. End to end.

Testing12 likes this.
  5. Testing12

Testing12 Member

Thanks man. I'm so nervous about doing this.

6. Testing12

Testing12 Member

And as for using my real info?

7. Mr. Magnificent

Mr. Magnificent Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I would use protonmail.

How anonymous do you want it to be? Are you hiding from someone?

8. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

You just need to make sure the Vpn's and encripted emails are based overseas.
    Otherwise if asked, they will have to comply with LE and turn all your messages over.
    HideMyAss I think is a perfect example if I can remember right. They basically just gave all their shit up to LE whenever they asked and some people got busted. Can't remember all the details though.
    Tutanota is great.
    @pumpingiron22 I believe is the 'expert' on this sort of thing, I'd read his stuff.

9. Testing12

Testing12 Member

No but already had my share of trouble and now only taking calculated risks.

10. Testing12

Testing12 Member

Went with proton. Will see how it goes.

11. pumpingiron22

pumpingiron22 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

you rang. if you want to be 100 anon you need to get a email on tor i use http://sigaintevyh2rzvw.onion/mail/
    Now if you want something on the reagular web i would use https://countermail.com
    it has pgp and a usb feature nobody can open it unless you have a usb key i lost my key and that was it no more acsses to email. no matter what

TS561 likes this.
  12. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

That's intresting. So worst comes to worse just smash the key and it's all gone.

13. pumpingiron22

the other are good too you should all ways have a vpn on. the others are pgp based if you lock it with a password so lock it with a password and let the other person know the password first send a email with priva note with password in it that way it stays hidden

14. pumpingiron22

100% no key no access for you or anyone the key has encryption on it. its very good ust dont let your kids use your usb my son got a hold of mine and put his home work on it.

now they let you down load it 2 times one key to use and one to put up just in case. i failed to doing a 2nd one. lol

Testing12 and Sk8man101 like this.
  15. Testing12

Testing12 Member

You are speaking a foreign language my friend. I do appreciate the info and will make use of it the best I am able.

16. pumpingiron22

i am an alien

Sk8man101 likes this.
  17. pumpingiron22

just get a email off tor you wont have to worry about any thing

Northern Nutrition likes this.
  18. Agreed ^^

Just use Tutanota email, you'll be fine.

19. Testing12

Testing12 Member

Thank y'all... Already went with proton.

20. viking23

viking23 Member

You guys still using tutanota? No complaints/issues? Sorry about bumping the old thread