Anterior pelvic tilt

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by Regular Joe, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Member

Anyone have it? How did you know? How did you treat it? I've had low back problems since 4th or 5th grade and the more I'm reading I think I have it. Also how did it affect you in squatting or deadlifting, much of the advice for not hurting myself squatting never worked for me, like I seemed to hurt myself easier and more with a belt on.

2. Vincentino

Vincentino Member

Go on Instagram or YouTube and type in Squat University. That guy has forgotten more about squatting than most people have learned.

Ozzy619, Regular Joe and Mac11wildcat like this.
  3. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Knowing you have it is pretty simple. Throw on a pair of pants with a belt. Stand in your normal posture and have someone take a photo from the side. If your belt line dives down from back to front you’ve probably got some.

the best way to avoid getting hurt in squat or DL is to fix it. By now, there’s plenty of resources online to assist you in doing so.

Ome way to stay safer for DL and squat is to engage/activate your core prior with movements like dead bugs.

Ozzy619, jJjburton and Regular Joe like this.
  4. 4Figgy

4Figgy Member

It’s a bitch. Been trying to “fix” mine for quite a while now. Some exercises have helped manage lower back pain, but after trying lots of stretches, exercises, and seeing a sports chiropractor I’m just in managing mode.

I stick to sumo deadlifts now as they are much easier in my back. Squat shoes, belt, and a constant tight core help with squatting.

Like others have said, YouTube has plenty of videos on helping with APT. Best of luck.

Regular Joe likes this.
  5. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Member

I've been watching athlean-x a little bit, actually more for my shoulder and came across the pelvic tilt stuff. I'll check out squat university. I know to keep your core tight but I've always heard guys in the gym talk about make sure to keep an inward arch in your lower back so I'd try to lock my core in in that inward arch position arch position. Like I said I felt worse with a belt. Many times after squatting I would feel like my back was pushed to far in and I knew it was going to be jacked the next day so I would do straight leg dead lifts on a box so I could take my knuckles down to my toes and round my back as hard as I could as it felt like it pushed my lower back back out. I know I looked like an idiot doing squats with no belt and then cat back deadlifts but it seemed to help

6. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Neutral to slightly arched. Not overly arched or curved.

jJjburton and Regular Joe like this.
  7. jJjburton

jJjburton Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Exactly what Mac said.

8. cfreetenor

cfreetenor Member

Walk and stand like your intention is to showcase your bulge.

Regular Joe likes this.
  9. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Member

So I gotta try and stay "fluffed"all day? I read something similar, it said roll your hips forward like when you're fucking and try and stay in that position as much as you can

10. Regular Joe

Regular Joe Member

Has anyone else noticed that when you try to stand up straight with your shoulders back it wants to roll your lower back in? Curious if you want to fight your upper and lower back at the same time or focus on the lower and let the upper do what it wants

TideGear likes this.
  11. cfreetenor

cfreetenor Member

Packing your shoulders is more important and helpful for APT IME

Regular Joe likes this.