Any exercises you just can’t do?

bob357sig

Hi guys, anybody have an exercise that whenever you try to do it, you end up getting injured? For me it seems to be weighted dips. I can do body weight dips no prob, but when I got to doing 15 to 20 reps a set, I strapped on the dip belt and started adding weight. I’m only talking strapping on a 45lb plate! Got to about 6 reps and felt that burning type pain in my right delt- in my my joint not muscle. For 2 weeks now it has been stiff and hurts when I lift my arm up like if I was doing an upright row- that motion. This is not the first time ither, about 6 months ago same thing happened. Needless to say I’m done doing weighted dips, lots of other options for triceps but my question is: does anybody else have an exercise that they just can’t do? Thanks. Bob

I'm similar with dips. I can do sets of 40 bodyweight no problem, but as soon as I add weight it starts hurting my elbows and shoulders. Never actually been injured doing them, it just causes discomfort in a bad way.

Lying triceps extensions bother my elbows too. Also low bar squats. Again never gotten seriously injured on them, it just causes enough pain it affects training and I've deemed them not worth it. Plenty of alternatives for triceps like close grip bench and plenty for low bar squats like high bar or front squat.

bob357sig

Reverse bench press
I don’t really get anything from the reverse grip bench press, maby some front delt and triceps but it dosent really do anything for me. I do try to avoid exercises that I just don’t have a feel for. I mentioned that in a thread by @Spokeonawheel about barbell rows. I don’t get much out of them, and have strained my forearm twice by forcing myself to do them. I much prefer the Tbar row, I get a lot more out of it. That’s one of the things I have always loved about lifting: nothing is cut and dry. For every exercise you just don’t like, their are 2 or 3 others that can take its place.

Upright rows along with over hand front and side lateral raises. I can do hammer style lateral raises and whenever I do them hammer style in public I get weird looks in the gym. I just give them the fuck you I'm bigger stink eye and go about my business.

I don’t really get anything from the reverse grip bench press, maby some front delt and triceps but it dosent really do anything for me. I do try to avoid exercises that I just don’t have a feel for. I mentioned that in a thread by @Spokeonawheel about barbell rows. I don’t get much out of them, and have strained my forearm twice by forcing myself to do them. I much prefer the Tbar row, I get a lot more out of it. That’s one of the things I have always loved about lifting: nothing is cut and dry. For every exercise you just don’t like, their are 2 or 3 others that can take its place.
Fuck man barbell rows and deadlifts are what my back are made of! I agree with you though if you don’t jive with it don’t do it. I’ve seen too many people get pec injuries from flat barbel benching that I never push Heavy weight in that exercise. I also avoid upright rows

flenser

AnabolicLab.com Supporter
Jogging. Hurts my knees, lower back, even my poor abused shoulder. It practically cripples me for days afterward. I can still sprint, though.

Uglyrichie

Dead lift one wrong pull I'm on the couch for a week, bought a hex bar to see if that helps. Just haven't tried it out yet.

Jankauskas

Hack squats.

I have even watched Mike Israetel’s Fix your hack squat video.

No matter where or how I place my feet, I get terrible knee pain.

shawn2551

Leg presses. I've hurt myself on the stupid incline leg press more times than on squats and deadlifts combined.
The leg press fuck my back up bad, the squat press is much better. I'm fortunate enough to not have the need for those machines. We have a belt squat machine that I use in place of the leg press

Senorman

For 2 weeks now it has been stiff and hurts when I lift my arm up like if I was doing an upright row- that motion. This is not the first time ither, about 6 months ago same thing happened.

Sounds like a mild/moderate AC joint separation. I kept getting the same issue with weighted dips and stopped a few years ago. Only thing that helped was to bend over, grab upper injured arm with opposite hand, pull down gently on arm, then rotate arm in circular fashion.