Anyone else bloat like a motherfucker from syntha 6 protein powder?

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Demondosage, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

I always suspected this protein to cause major bloating issues and water weight. Ive helped out some competitors in the past who were using it and I told them to ditch it.

So I started cutting again and bought a container of it since it was on sale and I'm not super lean yet, I'll switch back to dymatize next container I buy. I seem to be holding more than normal lately, even dieting down. I'm suspecting it's this type of protein powder. Anyone else ever notice this on syntha 6???

2. JackSmooth

JackSmooth Member

Used it and didn’t notice anything. There’s the different “types” of protein they sell, which are you using?

3. It's easy to blame the protein powder for bloating. There are literally many reasons as to why you might be bloated, don't think that protein should be your prime suspect for it. What foods are in your diet?

4. brutus79

brutus79 Member

Syntha 6 has a ton of fat. Fuck that shit. Gold standard optimum nutrition if you insist on buying in a store, true nutrition if you really care about what you eat.

rutman likes this.
  5. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yea I figured with 6 grams a scoop. I just got it to switch up to something different and didn't even look at it much. But about a week into it I noticed a film on me that was evident of the same thing that happened years ago with it. I haven't used it in probably 10 years and now thinking back on it I was probably holding more on it back then too

6. bambam333

bambam333 Member

tossed mine made me feel like shit and got tired

7. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

There aren’t much higher quality products out there if you’re going to use one. IMO BSN has only barely escaped the destiny MuscleTech saw of the dive into obscurity.

8. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

I have ON, Dymatize, and BSN in my stash. No! Syntha 6 doesn’t bloat me. But I don’t bloat much on anything. I also don’t add dairy milk either. I can drink down two scoops of ON gainer with added oats, pB and banana and still not bloat. We’re talking 140g carbs and 900 calories a pop.

9. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Syntha 6 is 47% protein per scoop and 53% other, why are you using that?
    Get true nutrition or My Protein

Jankauskas, anfee and Roger rabbit like this.
  10. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

There ARE****

11. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Lol I almost lost respect for you man. :D:p

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  12. CJames

CJames Member

Syntha is a bottle of garbage, go with Dymatize, Isoflex or Labrada. I prefer Labrada since it has pure iso protein.

13. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

Two of the best IMO from branded/non bulk sources:
    Isotope from RedCon1
    Phormula1 from 1st Phorm

As far as bloat; true hydrolyzed protein may relieve the issue.

CJames likes this.
  14. CJames

CJames Member

What bulk brand do you recommend for hydrolyzed whey protein?

15. Hawkins

Hawkins Member

It’s probably spiked with amino acids to save on raw materials.

Likely sucralose for sweetener...

Roger rabbit likes this.
  16. Anyone tried truenutrition Protien coffee? I’m on my first 2lb bag, taste pretty damn good with 27g of protein, .5g fat, 70mg sodium, 3g carb, 1g dietary fiber. Also had potassium, vit D, iron and calcium. Mix it with cold water, 1 serving is equalivent to 1 cup of coffee.

17. Roger rabbit

Roger rabbit Member

Syntha 6 is for people who only want Flavor. But... there is a reason it tastes so good....

I don’t feel it’s a good product for serious gym lifters who need quality, but more for those who want to lift occasionally and take in a little protein to say they got some
    In.

rutman and Xlgx like this.
  18. Jankauskas

Jankauskas Member

My protein all the way

19. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

You get what you pay for: truenutrition

rutman likes this.