Anyone ever have pericarditis?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Sparkyp, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

read that weight trainers and athletes get this.

Pericarditis is when the sack your heart sits in gets inflamed causing your heart to run against it.

It causes a lot of pain and discomfort, trouble breathing.

I had this 4 years ago and in cleared up quick with basic treatment. I have it now and it’s bad. Worse than the first time.

It’s mainly caused by autoimmune, viral or bacterial.

I know it’s a long shot someone else may have it but figured I’d ask since everyone here weight trains

2. slydog

slydog Junior Member

I had it post heart attack in 2012....same symptoms as an actual MI. Thought I was a goner. Tight chest, sweating, slight strain feeling in neck....scary!

NorthMich likes this.
  3. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Damn.
    I read that it’s common to get this after heart attack or heart surgery.
    Glad you recovered.
    The medication for me is finally knocking the pain down. I’ve been out of the gym for two weeks.

Did you notice exercise to help or make it worse while it was flared up?
    How long did it take to clear up?

4. slydog

slydog Junior Member

I was on light duty after the MI for a month. It took around two weeks to not feel any discomfort from the peri after starting meds (can’t recall which med)

I couldn’t imagine trying to exercise as the symptoms were too uncomfortable.

S

5. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Exactly. The common medication is 1800mg if ibuprofen and colchicine twice a day.

I was feeling much better the last couple days. My wife and I just got back from a easy 2-3 mike walk and now the fucking burning sand paper feeling is in my chest again. Ughhh. Just one setback after another.

I’m going to chill for another week and pray to the lord himself this gets cleared up. What a miserable condition. It appears raising the heart rate makes it worse

NorthMich likes this.
  6. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Hey brother @Sparkyp I know you were all set to get rolling. Shut luck threw a wrench in it on ya and I am sorry to hear that. Take the time rest up and get this taken care of. Its frustrating I know but when your healed up you will just work that much harder.

Wishing you a speedy recovery bro.

Sparkyp and NorthMich like this.
  7. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

Thanks bro. Much appreciated and needed