Anyone Ever Try Pristiq?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by jonkobeck, Sep 21, 2018.

1. jonkobeck

jonkobeck Member

Doc wants me to try Pristiq. Was on Prozac before and liked it, but he thinks Pristiq may be more effective. anyone have any experiences with that drug?

2. bluepush

bluepush Junior Member

None here sir. Sorry that I've got more questions than answers here. Any negative sides to Prozac? Don't mean to pry and please ignore this entirely of its too intrusive, but why prozac in the first place?

On a personal, I've never considered any anti-Ds and I'm not sure I should. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

3. jonkobeck

jonkobeck Member

I was on a low dose of Prozac, only 10mg. Initially I lost about 20 pounds of body fat which was great. My energy increased and it gave me a lift. In the past I was on Lexapro but that made me tired. The Prozac worked well. Occasionally some vivid dreams. No change to libido or erections, but I did notice a more delayed or slower orgasm. It wasn't a negative, it was just different. 10mg is a very low dose. Im sure if I went up to 20 the sexual sides would have been worse. Overall I felt a sense of calm and anxiety decreased substantially.

4. jonkobeck

jonkobeck Member

I was also taking a low dose Klonopin at the time. .25 once a day before bed.

5. bluepush

bluepush Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback. I know for me it's a mix when docs change up doses and meds. Good luck brother!

6. Dr.V.P.C.

Dr.V.P.C. Junior Member

Pristiq is very effective.
    But only if you really need it.