Are My Balls Normal Size?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by KidCapriB, Nov 30, 2006.

KidCapriB

KidCapriB Junior Member

I really dont know how to accurately measure them, but I took a ruler and they are about 2 inches in length and 1 inch in width. Also for some reason I think one is slightly larger than the other lol... Anyway, is this normal ranges? I never measureed ,y balls before lol.

HeadDoc

HeadDoc Psychologist; Super Moderator

interesting that we talk often on the forum about shrunken testis from inadequate TRT, we don't reference actual size. Anyhow, here's a site that gets into the empirical aspects of measurement.

http://home.att.net/~DalzellUSAMedSys/Orcho.html

wildfox

wildfox Junior Member

Anyone know of a site reporting accurate statistics as to average, etc?

Megazoid

Megazoid Junior Member

This is a subject i know a fair bit amount (don't ask!). Anything over 1+ Inch is considered "adult" size and normal. Mine went from being this size to 6cm over the space of 2 months (not normal!). This is what induced the low testosterone for me.

It's also very normal for one to larger than the other. They also "hang" at different heights because the blood draingage system is differen't at each side of the body. This is also so they don't clash and hit each other alot!

So you're ball's are pretty big KidCapriB :)

KidCapriB

KidCapriB Junior Member

thats good to know they are normal but then that just makes me think...what the fk is still holding me back from recovering from my ASIH? :confused:

van-man

van-man Junior Member

Your testes can be normal sized and still not put out the T that they're supposed to. I suffered through that for six months a while back.... trust me, its possible.

KidCapriB

KidCapriB Junior Member

so then could it be the pituitary? because my LH and FSH are low, my test is in "low normal" range (barely though) and balls function I guess because when I was administered clomid the levels rose to 800 ng/dl... I mean if my balls were damaged they would atrophy right?

Megazoid

Megazoid Junior Member

Do you have your full blood report to hand KidCapriB? I think your ball's are fine to be honest. You have supressed your HPTA and this is causing the problem for you i think.

The fact you did clomid and seen a great increase in t, suggest's that your LH is capable of rising on demand.

It might be worth trying to add some Zinc to your daily suppliments along with Grape Seed Extract.

Rangeball

Rangeball Junior Member

I just wanted to add how relieved I am that this thread doesn't contain jpegs.

:eek:

van-man

van-man Junior Member

no shit on the jpgs...
    Kid, it is certianly your pituitary, but you need to listen to me when I tell you that you've most likely stalled your HPTA. All parts are most probably functional, but you've inverted your levels to the point that your body is continually tripping the negative feedback loop, begun at the Hypothalamus.
    Withhold the estrogen from the hypothalamus and boost the testosterone... and the one drug that does both.... nolvadex. safe and easy my man. Don't worry yourself until you've given a Nolvadex protocol a shot. If that doesn't work, then ask questions.

pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Junior Member

You need to try a pct first talk to Van-Man then if this does not work you could have a Pit. problem.

KidCapriB

KidCapriB Junior Member

Ok well my doc wants to try hcg for 3 weeks. I really don't think thats teh right thing to do either. Should I combine the HCG with the nolvadex or just run nolva by itself? I wonder if my pituitary is damaged...how could I tell?

Megazoid

Megazoid Junior Member

Kid, you're doing a "me(tm)", thinking ultra negative :) I doubt your pituitary is damaged bro, i think you've just suppressed your own body. I am not sure if HGC is the right answer for you as you don't have atrophy. Also clomid seemed to help you which suggest's pct might be the answer for you, i am sure some of the other guy's will have some alternative treatment options.

pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Junior Member

Yep don't do hcg just try what Van-Man said what do you have to lose.

Ramstein II

Ramstein II Junior Member

Be very careful with hcg. This drug can royally screw you up (especially if your LH levels are already normal or near normal) and many doctors are not up on the latest and still prescribe large doses that can desensitize your leydig cells. nolva is king as far as I'm concerned. You need to make sure your Dr. is educated on all this. Just my $.02

keninottawa

keninottawa Junior Member

Capri, you and I have very similar cases. My HPTA is essentially in a negative feedback loop right now but I am expecting it will kick back in. Both of us don't have testicular atrophy, so nolvadex should be a good option. I am going to try a Nolvadex protocol in the upcoming months, and like Van-Man said, you might want to give it a shot, too! It's a short and relatively inexpensive protocol.

KidCapriB

KidCapriB Junior Member

yeah i'm definately considering it, the thing is I really don't want to take any chances anymore. My window of recovering is closing rapidly, I've basically been low ever since jan 2004 after running a cycle at the age of 17 or 18 in an attempt to help me recover from a surgery. i shut myself down while I was in puberty so this is a very tricky situation right now and I'm being very cautious whether to let it ride out and see if it will fix itself. I see progress in certain areas like having to shave more often, growing facial hair in areas i didnt before such as my neck, and plus acne is returning so there are some positive signs. the test results just have not been up to par, but all these other factors make me believe waiting may just be the right thing. I'm so unsure at this point, I feel like if I tried something like nolva or hcg i may somehow inhibit my recovering further. but then again the fact that erections are almost non existant, lethary, etc sometimes sways my mindset of waiting in the other direction.

van-man

van-man Junior Member

nolvadex and HCG are not even remotely similar drugs, they are like apples and oranges! The fact that you do not understand this, especially given your situation, is absurd. If you want any advice from anyone here, you should at least exercise due diligence and get on the same page with the rest of us so that you can at least comprehend the advice we are giving you.
    Nolvadex will not inhibit your recovery, your attitude will inhibit your recovery.

good luck,
    Van

KidCapriB

KidCapriB Junior Member

I understand exactly how they both work and how hcg causes such a shock to your testes the leydig cells sometimes become desensitized. Trust me I understand how both drugs work, it's just the fact that I am petrified to taking anything like this now due to what happened to me. I refuse to take almost any medication now, all I take are my multi vitamin and fish oils. I completely understand the information and if my case was a normal one where I had finished puberty before doing a cycle I'd definately be more open to trying some of the more conventional methods but you have to understand I'm 20 and not even finished with puberty. I know the effects of these drugs, the benefits, etc but I do not know, nor does anyone else know how it effects a person still going through puberty. Nothing is documented on that, and recently it seems like I'm finally concluding the maturation process like I said as more facial hair appears, frequency of shaving increases, an acne is prevalent so I'm not too high on interrupting what might mirraculously be a natural healing process. I'm being cautious because if I hault puberty again or cause a relapse in some possible way, then I know I'm finished...completely. But the nolva does sound appealing, I went for new blood tests today, and I might wait one or two more months before deciding to begin a treatment program or not. If I'm understand correctly though, Nolva does not increase your pituitarys output of LH, it simply diminishes the negative feedback loop?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
    van-man

van-man Junior Member

No. nolvadex DOES increase your output of LH. That is why it is best for pct. That is why I recommended it. And, That is why it will work!

Here are the studies:
    Now you are armed with all the information you need to take charge of your own recovery. My final thought on your case is that you are not being the rational individual that you must be in order to accomplish this recovery. You were an idiot kid (like us all at one time or another), who made a mistake. Because of that mistake you've irrationally run the other way from the attitude that led you into your current situation. But going to the other extreme is just as stupid and immature as it was to go to the first. Virtue, as Aristotle said, is in the mean.

Good luck,
    Van

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.