Artificial Intelligence [AI]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Scally MD, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Mosquito ... Not So Much ... Lethal Autonomous Weapons
    Front page

hurricane and RodgerThat like this.
  2. hurricane

hurricane Member

I've started to watch alot of interviews with the CEO of Tesla and I have to admit AI worries me a bit. Especially since I know what it could do within the DOD. The rate at which software can "learn" would make humans obsolete within a few short years. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

3. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Watch Chris Paine’s new AI movie 'Do You Trust This Computer?' for free until Sunday night at ... Watch

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Millard Baker and master.on like this.
  4. @master.on This one's in your wheelhouse, my robot friend. :D

Kakarot likes this.
  5. x11

x11 Member

Where's @scooby IIRC he is studying this.

AI is driven by the sex industry as well with life like sex dolls. Feminists are trying to make it illegal for men even tho they approve of dildoes for women.

Get used to it, humans in natural form will be replaced by fitter "species" , just Darwin in action.

We are not good at living together or taking care of the place - cyborg human/machine hybrids own the future.

6. x11

x11 Member

No not paranoid, enlightened...take more than a few years tho.

7. Gbro

Gbro Member

Where is Sarah Connor when we need her?

master.on, RealET and Kakarot like this.
  8. flenser

flenser Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

The primary risk with using AI and learning algorithms is that developers and their employers tend to falsely assume the damned things are actually "smart" enough to do what they are programmed to do, all while hiding serious failure statistics from their customers.

Kakarot and ickyrica like this.
  9. master.on

master.on Member

10. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

WADA plans on using AI to catch steroid and PED users:

Wada to use artificial intelligence to catch doping cheats more efficiently

by Tim Wigmore - Sunday March 18th 2018

The World Anti-Doping Agency plans to use artificial intelligence in its fight against doping, Olivier Niggli, the organisation’s director general has exclusively revealed to i.

“We’re having discussions on artificial intelligence going forward. There’s a lot of promising things,” Niggli said.

Wada will launch a call for pilot artificial intelligence projects in the coming weeks, as it intensifies attempts to use the technology.

The organisation believe that artificial intelligence can be used to identify suspicious athletes, raise red flags and improve how testing is targeted.

Under the plans for how to use the technology, if an athlete was flagged by artificial intelligence, it would trigger immediate additional targeted testing.

Patterns

Wada intend to use artificial intelligence to identify patterns in the vast amounts of data that anti-doping bodies already collect. The technology would be able to analyse the data virtually instantly.

This could then lead to investigations being better-targeted and ensure that athletes under suspicion by artificial intelligence undergone the appropriate drug-testing.

It is understood that Wada are already conducting research programs on how artificial intelligence testing could be introduced most effectively.

Data

“There’s a lot of data that is being collected in anti-doping – whether it is through the [athlete biological] passports, through the tests, through the results of the athletes,” Niggli said. “If you manage to create a system that will meaningfully use this data I think you can create some very powerful tools.”

Wada has long believed that its attempts to quell doping are undermined by the organisation’s lack of financial and human resources.

Artificial intelligence could be used to apply algorithms to identify suspicious patterns among athletes, automatically raising red flags.

Alerts

While these flags would not be sufficient for athletes to face disciplinary procedures – alone, they would not constitute conclusive proof of doping – the alerts would lead to athletes under suspicion facing subsequent testing.

Wada believe that artificial intelligence could not only sift through the doping data far more quickly than human analysts are able to, but that may also be able to do so in more sophisticated ways.

“Only sophisticated algorithms would be able to spot the differences, which would allow the anti-doping organisations to focus on the right individuals,” Niggli added.

Intelligence

“Anti-doping organisations would potentially get a lot of intelligence by being able to analyse a lot of this data and immediately spotting anomalies which are signs of maybe doping.”

Providing the pilot programmes go as planned, Wada hope it will give them a crucial advantage in catching the ever-more sophisticated methods used by dopers.

“I hope that in five years we will be much better at analysing all this data that we already have and are already collected,” Niggli said. “It’s a complex world which requires complex answers.”

Source: Wada to use artificial intelligence to catch doping cheats more efficiently

Spooby likes this.
  11. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

AI, robots, income (re)distribution and mass unemployment (or not):

Will robots and AI cause mass unemployment? Not necessarily, but they do bring other threats

13 September 2017 -- With the rapid technological advancement of recent years, computers are increasingly encroaching on domains that were previously considered exclusively human. The astonishing progress in such areas as artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, 3D printing and genetics has enabled computers to perform the tasks of architects, medical doctors, music composers and even a 16th century Dutch master of painting.

Nearly every day brings news of remarkable feats achieved by computers or robots, and with them a gnawing question: Will machines edge us out of brain jobs?

[...]

It is easy to see why new technologies are increasingly viewed as a major threat to labour markets. Some estimates even claim that a staggering 80 per cent of jobs run the risk of being automated in the coming decades.

Source: Will robots and AI cause mass unemployment? Not necessarily, but they do bring other threats | UN DESA | United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs

The Impact of the Technological Revolution on Labour Markets and Income Distribution

Artificial intelligence and other technologies will define the future of jobs and incomes

Technology has had an undeniable impact on improving living standards and increasing productivity. But how will advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence, affect jobs and wages? What will this mean for the distribution of the gains made possible by continued progress?

[...]

Just as these new technologies hold immense promise, there are concerns that technological innovation will lead to increased unemployment, suppressed wages and greater inequality. There are fears that machines enabled by artificial intelligence will replace many human jobs, resulting in mass unemployment and impoverishment.

However, the impact of these new technologies on labour markets and income distribution is not predetermined...

Source: Frontier Issues: Artificial intelligence and other technologies will define the future of jobs and incomes

Attached Files:

Spooby likes this.
  12. Spooby

Spooby Member

@x11 lol you tagged the wrong username but I did find my way here by coincidence... I'm very interested in machine learning and bioengineering. The way we will eventually go is to merge with the machines. I don't see how we wouldn't. We are a living breathing source of energy and we are just passing over the threshold of exponential knowledge regarding genetic engineering and prolonging human life to an extent we are unsure of what could come, if we were to discover a way to prevent the breakdown of DNA telomeres, or 3D print a new brain and download/upload your consciousness. Drugs could be virtual, you could use software to have complete control of how, say, your immune system functions, or if you want a nice hit of dopamine you press a button in an app. No one has a clue how to go about any of this safely and we've got multiple countries in a race to be the first to produce an intelligent weapon. I don't think our president, given his position of leadership, is competent in this specific subject, and I hope the people working for him that are involved in this are more competent than anyone in the world or we might be fucked in my fallible opinion.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  13. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

McKinsey: One-third of US workers could be jobless by 2030 due to automation

As much as one-third of the United States workforce could be out of a job by 2030 thanks to automation, according to new research from McKinsey. The consulting firm now estimates that between 400 million and 800 million individuals globally could be displaced by automation and need to find new work.

Source: McKinsey: One-third of US workers could be jobless by 2030 due to automation

What the future of work will mean for jobs, skills, and wages
    Report - McKinsey Global Institute - November 2017

atlas_BJu76MneM@2x.png
    svg_WorkFuture_V9_Ex5_rj.png
    Automation technologies including artificial intelligence and jobs.jpg
    Source: What the future of work will mean for jobs, skills, and wages: Jobs lost, jobs gained | McKinsey & Company

Attached Files:

Spooby likes this.