Bac water. What Membrane?

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by penche, Dec 11, 2018.

1. penche

penche Member

so I found bass killers recipe which seems extremely easy to make bac water. Just use distilled water add .9%BA to the total. For instance 100ml bac water is 99ml distilled water and 1ml BA. Then filter into sterile vail and done. What type of membrane are you guys using to filter water. I kno .22 is good but are we using nylon, pvdf or something different? For my oils I use nylon. Seems google shows pvdf for water is okay for other applications. Comments appreciated.

2. SuperSwede

SuperSwede Member

I don’t filter my water, i open up a new bottle with sterile water. Add ba in vials, then add sterile water.

3. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

penche likes this.
  4. penche

penche Member

I want to filter my water
    Thanks my dude appreciate this. So he was using the glass type hydrophobic membrane. Gonna look into this more over at medlab. Thank you!

T-Bagger likes this.
  5. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Glad to help homie

penche likes this.
  6. Evom1

Evom1 Member

99.1ml water 0.9ml ba to be exact
    Otherwise you're making it as 1% ba :p

Brandaddy and penche like this.
  7. Eman

Eman Member

Do you mean actual sterile water? Or just a fresh container of distilled?

I would definitely filter unless you have access to sterile water. Regulations on bottled water are pretty lax. Tap water is more regulated..

penche likes this.
  8. janoshik

janoshik Member

The problem here wouldn't be particulates or pathogens, but the fact that pyrogens are dissolved, therefore not filterable.

9. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Would filtering get rid of the garbage in tap, like chlorine and fluoride?

10. janoshik

janoshik Member

No

T-Bagger likes this.
  11. Eman

Eman Member

I wouldn't use tap water, I just meant that even tap water is more regulated than bottled water.

Filters can remove a lot, if not all, chlorine but I'm not sure about fluoride to be honest.

T-Bagger likes this.
  12. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

My understanding is that only special filters made specifically for fluoride can remove that crap.

13. janoshik

janoshik Member

Ions are not removed by filtration.

T-Bagger likes this.
  14. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Distilled would be best, would it not? My understanding is that distillation removes fluoride.

15. janoshik

janoshik Member

Fluroide anoins are not a problem I would be concerned about at all, but yeah, distillation effectively removes it.

However, if you are completely anal about removing fluoride (for some special purposes, like... my work), you have to use ion removing resins and/or reverse osmosis, because simple distillation is not sufficient.

T-Bagger likes this.
  16. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Reverse osmosis removes fluoride?

17. janoshik

janoshik Member

18. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

I just bought WFI and threw some ba in at .9%. Never heard of anyone else doing it, but I figured if I'm going through the hassle of filtering shit to make sure it's pure and wasting time and money on all the shit to do so. What's a few more bucks to make sure it's good.

19. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

20. maxmuscle01

maxmuscle01 Member

I have 18g. Filter needles, they come in handy for lots of stuff.