Baseball

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Michael Scally MD, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

Baseball has the effect of transporting me to a different time. A happy and joyful time. Will this season have a perfect game, triple play, ...

Yoenis Céspedes Milanés (born October 10, 1985 in Campechuela, Granma Province, Cuba) is a Cuban professional baseball outfielder with the Oakland Athletics.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    Big_paul, Bigskip and Seven Dog like this.
  2. HeadDoc

HeadDoc Psychologist; Super Moderator

Re: Baseball 2012

Diamondbacks look good for this season.

3. keriheat

keriheat Member

So do the Cardinals. They won their first 2. Beat the Marlins and shocked the Brewers with 4 homers and eleven runs yesterday. They picked up right where they finished in October:D

4. Michael Scally MD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0DTp2rOh6c]Josh Hamilton HITS 4 HOMERUNS! 5/8/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

5. keriheat

keriheat Member

So did Carlos Beltran, but it took Carlos two nights instead of one. Carlos also had 13 RBI's in those two nights. Albert Who? :D

Texas is on a tear aren't they? Cardinals must have made them mad from last October. Looks like they are determined to play in October again this year. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  6. Michael Scally MD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYcNbBnicm4]Vanderbilt Triple Steal - YouTube[/ame]

7. Michael Scally MD

8. keriheat

keriheat Member

That was a great catch! You have to put Jim Edmonds in the mix when you start talking about outfield catches tho'. I was at the park when Edmonds ran up the center field wall at 'Busch' and reached over the wall and brought the ball back in his glove. That play for me was the greatest catch I personally eyewitnessed.

I also saw some spectacular catches from Andruw Jones when he played center field for the Braves. I can never understand folks saying baseball is boring.

I had the privilege of watching the 'Wizard' Ozzie Smith play shortstop and there were plays that he made that even now as I recall some, I dont know how the man did what he did while still in the air. How do you get your body to change directions while in the air and make a 'behind-the-back' throw to start a double play. Just amazing these baseball players.

The other night Furcal snatched a bounced ball in the air, behind 2nd base, rushed to the 2nd base bag and threw out the runner at first base for a 6-3 double play. What a game baseball is. Thanks Doc!

9. norbit09

norbit09 Junior Member

Pirates are looking good going into 2nd half.

ski1969 likes this.
  10. keriheat

keriheat Member

It's how they come out of the second half that counts! :D No??

11. norbit09

norbit09 Junior Member

LOL very true.[:eek:)]

12. Michael Scally MD

13. Michael Scally MD

14. keriheat

keriheat Member

St Louis' finest gentlemen ballplayer. Rest in Peace 'Stan the Man'

Michael Scally MD likes this.
  15. Michael Scally MD

Today's Yankees and Mets home openers marks the first time since 1956 that New York teams are opening at home on the same day.

A City Divided on Opening Day
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/11/s...ets-will-open-season-at-home-on-same-day.html

The last time two New York teams opened their seasons at home on the same day was in 1956, when the New York Giants and the Brooklyn Dodgers did so. In those days, with three teams in the city, it was much more common. And so on April 17, 1956, the Dodgers lost to the Phillies, 8-6, at Ebbets Field and the Giants beat the Pirates, 4-3 at the Polo Grounds.

Y2JVD likes this.
  16. Michael Scally MD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMY8m3ZmLQU]Yankees Triple Play 4.12.13 - YouTube[/ame]

Y2JVD likes this.
  17. Y2JVD

Y2JVD Member

Too bad jeters out till after the all star game. But yanks still looking solid and started off strong railed off 8 wins in 10 games I believe. Can't wait till we get texeira and granderson back.

18. Michael Scally MD

Bigskip likes this.
  19. Michael Scally MD

20. Michael Scally MD

Seven Dog likes this.