Beaker sterilization

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by jJjburton, Jul 29, 2019.

1. jJjburton

jJjburton Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

So the beaker I am using is a griffin 150 mL. I am only brewing 50 mL amounts basically.

How should I clean this to use? How should I dry?

Basic soap and water, then rinse with 70 percent alcohol?? Stick in oven to dry?

Wouldnt alcohol in oven produce a flame?

What should I do?

2. bigbusiness

bigbusiness Junior Member

I wash with dawn dish soap and hot water then place in boiling tab water for 10 min. Rinse out with rubbing alcohol then rinse with distilled water. Place on a sheet and cover the tops with foil and bake for at 215° for 15 min.

But that when I'm syringe filtering into presterile vials. In all honesty an autoclave is the way to go

Juicemonkey72 and jJjburton like this.
  3. jJjburton

jJjburton Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Thats what i am doing. presterile vials with syringe filter. thanks

4. skinnyman

skinnyman Member

Wash, rinse with alcohol and then rinse again with distilled water.

Baking and washing with alcohol won't make it sterile, but the beaker doesn't have to be sterile since you are going to filter your oils through a filter.

T-Bagger likes this.
  5. Monstar

Monstar Member

Above is the answer.

Very clean is fine. Your filtering will make the product sterile. Beakers only need to be clean.

T-Bagger likes this.
  6. bigbusiness

Why even chance contamination???? Better to be safe than sorry

7. skinnyman

skinnyman Member

So you're saying that he should sterilize his beaker?
    How should he do that?

Please don't say "bake it" or nuke it. Because that would only make it way more contaminated.

T-Bagger likes this.
  8. bigbusiness

Did you not read my first post on this thread?

9. skinnyman

skinnyman Member

None of the things you mentioned will sterilize anything, except for autoclave. Those methods you're mentioning will contaminate the things more depending on how dirty the glassware is.

But if it works for you keep doing it, each to his own.

10. Robfromga

Robfromga Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Get some alconox, the powder. Amazon has it. Use that to wash whatever it is you want to wash. It's a lab grade cleaner.
    Distilled rinse
    70% IPA rinse
    Distilled rinse
    Oven, 400° for 45mins. Covered with foil

It's clean and sterile at that point. However once you move it, and you're not in a controlled lab, it's not sterile anymore. The air in your house, your kitchen, where ever, unless you got a clean room with a med vent, it's bacteria filled.

11. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

As @Monstar said (and you quoted): “Your filtering will make everything sterile.”

You aren’t chancing anything. As long as your vials and stoppers are sterile, the filtered oil will remain sterile.

12. bigbusiness

So your telling the guys above is wrong too you dumb fuck

13. bigbusiness

Let me guess alcohol doesnt sterilize anything either but we just rub it all around our injection site for nothing

14. bigbusiness

But its also safe practice to sterilize everything. Why chance it!! This right here is exactly why I brew my own gear.

15. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Do you have a 100% clean, sterile room?

16. bigbusiness

Yes matter fact I do with a negitive pressure system and hepa filtration. Point being what?

17. bigbusiness

My point is to sterilize everything!!!!

18. bigbusiness

Mycology is also another hobby of mine. The main reason for the negitive air pressure system and hepa filtration

Robfromga and T-Bagger like this.
  19. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

You sir should be in business then because I know probably every single UGL (besides POSSIBLY Pcom) isn’t anywhere near sterile.

Robfromga likes this.
  20. mp46

mp46 Member

Why negative pressure over a positive pressure? If youre sucking air out to create a negative pressure fresh air has to come from somewhere, how are you filtering that fresh air? If anything you want positive pressure, when you pump in filtered air the positive pressure forces out already filtered air.

Robfromga, T-Bagger and Iron Vett like this.