Best certification

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Beastn', Apr 4, 2018.

1. Beastn'

Beastn' Junior Member

I need a career change. I am looking at getting certified but am having trouble and getting different opinions from people on what to get.

Ace, nasm, issa, acsm, nsca.

I don't know which to choose. My friend who played football for BC says nsca. Other say and nasm. I don't know exactly what I want to do but I want job security and don't want to waste my time!

2. luex

luex Member

I've heard ACE is good I've also heard of the nsca/nsam...why not call around and ASK employers which ones they're looking for? You could definitely get more than one and that would for sure help your chances. With that said, where do you plan on working? A gym setting?? hospital? If so you should also market yourself on the side as a private personal trainer...maybe get some close friends of yours to "recommend you/rate you" I've also thought about doing this alongside my nursing career...I think it'd be an awesome choice, plus I love helping people reach their goals..Look at successful trainers in your area and see what they're doing/their certifications..then maybe one up them ;) offer something to people that they can't get anywhere else- in home training?? As many people you'll be training will be unfit/low confidence due to lack of knowledge.

3. Beastn'

Beastn' Junior Member

I decided to go with the nasm!

4. luex

luex Member

Nice! Goodluck to you man.