Bitcoin ATM help!! Please

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by COBF, Oct 5, 2018.

1. COBF

COBF Member

When I go to use the ATM do I need to have a wallet set up all ready or do you pick one while your at the ATM? Have coinbase set up already. This is my first time using crypto. Thankyou!

2. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

When I used a bitcoin ATM I used Blockchain as my wallet.

Not sure about coinbase. I would assume you could. Not sure if they'll hold funds for a few days or not.

With Blockchain I was able to send money within 5-10 min. There will be fees

3. COBF

COBF Member

Did you already have a block chain before using the ATM or did you do it right at the ATM? Thanks for the help! Just want it to go smooth!! Fees are not a problem!

4. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

I downloaded Blockchain prior to going to my bitcoin ATM

5. COBF

COBF Member

Thank you very much for the info!! So you need to put extra in to compensate for the fees as well? Do you remember around what I could expect to pay in fees?

6. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

Yes extra. I think I put $125 in and it took roughly $15 in fees

7. COBF

COBF Member

Thanks again for the info!! Anyone else have any tips that would be great!

8. Romi84

Romi84 Member

Bitcoin ATMs usually charge a 15% rate or around there depending on what type of machine your using. You can download bitcoin wallet off the app store. There are videos on YouTube that show you how to use certain ATMs. It's really easy. Don't overthink it.

9. COBF

COBF Member

Lol!! Overthinking is an understatement! Thankyou guys for the help! Ready to do this!!

Romi84 likes this.
  10. COBF

COBF Member

Well did the ATM thing this weekend and was definitely overthinking it!! Easy as could be! My fee was only $20. Was expecting more!

Romi84 likes this.
  11. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

How much was your deposit?

12. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

I can't get coinbase to work. My cash app says "insuficent funds" or "transaction failed". I never thought that bitcoin would be the hardest part if all this

13. BigNattyDaddy

BigNattyDaddy Member

14. COBF

COBF Member

I ended up using block chain wallet! Everything was really simple and instant!!

15. COBF

COBF Member

Pm sent