Bitcoin ATM question

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by deezul41, Feb 12, 2019.

1. deezul41

deezul41 Junior Member

hey all,
    I'm new to this whole bitcoin thing and I have a few questions as I found a trusted source and need to know a couple things.
    This source says I can use his Q code and deposit straight to his bitcoin account as payment versus downloading wallet apps and setting up bitcoin accounts etc.
    So my questions are
    1. The moment I deposit and use his Q code, are those funds immediately posted as deposited?
    2. Since it is a relatively small order, (under$500) I read I may or may not have to confirm with a SMS after either scanning code or initial deposit?
    3. If this is just a deposit using a Q code and funds go directly into the account Q code is designed for, wouldn't that be just like a deposit with western union or money gram transfer but just anonymous?
    Your input or experience is valued
    Thanks

2. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

Cashapp is way easier. Bitcoin transfers have to be verifyied on the blockchain and take 10-20 minutes to post. Download the cashapp, you have to upload some personal info and it takes about a day to verify the first time you withdraw ypur bitcoin, but after the first time it is easy sailing. You can also use a qr code ro send bitcoin in cashapp Never used an atm but seems unnecessary, but if there is one that you have convenient access too and the fees are minimal I see nothing wrong with it.