Bitcoin crashing

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Blakeyy, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

Hey am pretty new to this and made my first purchase of bitcoin that was £270 I wanted to place my order in 2 weeks after I placed it in and and now the worth is sitting at £188 that's a lot of lost money looking for advice am I better quickly getting rid of it and get my stuff incase it crashes more and it's looking like it's going to or do I just try to wait and hold it out and see if it maybe goes up a little bit to my original value I paid for it almost £100 not sure how much that is in $ I know most of you use $

2. Eman

Eman Member

Depends... I bought Bitcoin back when it was a high of about $1300. I was kicking myself because then it crashed down to like $750 or so... I left it go though, next thing I knew it was shooting up. Needless to say, I made a nice chunk of change in the end.

I bought bitcoin when the price went down... I'm banking on it going back up and making money.

3. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

Aww lucky man am worried it won't go back up anytime soon and don't really have any more cash right right to put into that pot for my next cycle lol I wish I had just waited and. Bought the bitcoin today instead Dunno to try dump it and get my stuff quick or just sit on it the thing is how long would I need to sit on it tbh not starting my cycle for another 10-12 weeks so do have the time to try wait it out and hope it goes back up

4. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

Buy more bitcoin

DrinkFlintWater likes this.
  5. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

I would if I had more money currently skint just spend all my money on the other halfs birthday might just ask her for it back for some bitcoin

6. Eman

Eman Member

I understand, it can definitely be a pain in the ass.

I look at it like an investment account... I'm not putting money in every time I buy something. I put a chunk of money in and draw out of it when needed and let it grow when I'm not doing anything with it. That way the fluctuations don't affect me too much. Although, right now, it really is dropping quick.

I've been very fortunate with bitcoin... I've never lost, only gained.

7. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Jamie Diamond trashed bitcoin again. I wonder if/when it will break and what crypto currency will take its place. I am thinking it could be Ripple up next

DrinkFlintWater likes this.
  8. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

Ye that's good hopefully you keep being fortunate with it I just buy with coinbase so pay that stupid fee need to set up the sepa transfear with my bank so I can put money in my wallet on coinbase so I can then use gdax to buy it without the big fee but since posting this it has went up £15 so hopefully it keeps going up lol

9. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

What does that mean it's call keep falling and I should get rid ?

Edit just seen an American banker and cause he said he will fire people using it now it's crashing in price and because he said it would blow up assuming everyone is panic selling so ye I might just get rid of it while I can before it drops more

10. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

Keep strong hands

11. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Jamie needs to keep his mouth shut as spewing out so much drivel makes him look foolish. He doesn't have a good understanding of bitcoin.

12. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

Yup agreed he is the reason am currently sitting £100 short and am not to happy about that

13. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

Am sitting refreshing my bitcoin am worried this guy has made it go to shit and that's the end of bitcoin and I just loss all my money it's dropped crazy amounts now

14. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

The Chinese I believe won't or don't allow it either.

Ripple is actually being used as an intra bank transfer system. Maybe be worthwhile long term...

MindlessWork likes this.
  15. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

Calm down. Turn it off and quit staring at it. That's not how you invest. If you sell when you lose you always lose.

Blakeyy likes this.
  16. PaulHeyman

PaulHeyman Member

It's not a loss until you sell. It will go up. Look where it was two years ago. One year ago. See an upward trend? Have a little patience

17. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Just make sure you understand the difference between ripple and xrp. Banks are adopting the Ripple platform but not using xrp coins themselves. Im sitting on a few thousand xrp...if it makes to $1...ill be happy

Xlgx likes this.
  18. TSud

TSud Member

What is the difference? I thought xrp was the purchase/ trading name of Ripple. Iv been watching it on Kraken.

19. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

No, you are correct. However, when you see news about bank xyz utilizing Ripple, they are using the algorithms made by Ripple labs but not necessarily using the XRP coin itself. Unlike BTC and other ALT coins which are decentralized, XRP mimics their process, however, in a centralized form of it. I can link more info on this later or possibly start an XRP thread at some point in the near future. Also, ive used Kraken in the past to purchase XRP. XRP is one were gonna have to sit long and hold on. With that said, the gatehub wallet is more ideal than Kraken. With gatehub, you can send BTC directly to its (your) wallet and then convert it to XRP and vice versa, bypassing a huge portion of the transfer fees you would be using with Kraken or the like...

20. Blakeyy

Blakeyy Member

It's still dropping and quick what do you think hold on it or get rid ? Lost over £100 now