Bitcoin wallets and fees

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by penche, Nov 17, 2017.

1. penche

penche Member

Ok i got shafted $25 dollar on fees with a third
    Party bitcoin wallet, on a $65 dollar total. This has never happened. Wallet was mycelium. Was going to use bread wallet but heard same issue. Anyone else experiencing this mess or high rates. I purchase with Coinbase but transfer to another wallet. Coinbase fees are not nearly as high although they will block your account if they don’t like wht they see in regards to transactions. Anyhow, any info appreciated.

2. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

I use Blockchain to pass thro but they charged me 35 or 40 bucks for my last 700 dollar transfer so I’m in the market as well

Burrr and penche like this.
  3. penche

penche Member

Yea that’s some bullshit rape rt there

Maj1979 likes this.
  4. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

I gotta get it figured out soon too, it’s about time to re-up on my HG. Post links to different sites or apps and we can check them out. I’ll do the same unless someone already knows

penche likes this.
  5. Iron Vett

Iron Vett Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Bread charged me $12.50 on a $230 bitcoin transfer.

penche likes this.
  6. Holistic

Holistic Member

Bitcoin is slow and expensive as far as sending money...

Here are some ideas:

1. The more you pay in mining fees the faster the transaction. Most people want fast transfers so wallets default to highest fees(fastest transfers). I use jaxx wallet and you can set the mining fee based on how fast u need to transfer the bitcoin. See picture attached. >>> if you can wait a bit send it with a low mining fee (slower but cheaper)

2. Ask the receiver if they will take ethereum or litecoin >>> so much cheaper and faster than bitcoin (Bitcoin has become a store of value and not optimized for transferring money)

I've used both options 1 and 2 and they work perfectly.

3. To really avoid fees you can use gdax (which is coinbase) and put limit orders in and there won't be a 3.9% fee to buy bitcoin off a credit or debit card (however bank transfers are a great option) here's a YouTube video on avoiding card fees...

Attached Files:

Ultimatepip, flenser and penche like this.
  7. penche

penche Member

Thank you brotha very helpful info !

Holistic likes this.
  8. Holistic

Holistic Member

This shows the cost to send $135.78 litecoin... $0.01 (a penny)

Cost to send $26.69 ethereum >>> $0.19

I paid $4.50 to send $25.00 of bitcoin recently

Attached Files:

9. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Coinbase just charged me less than $3 to send $140 to my exodus wallet...

10. Maj1979

Maj1979 Member

Awesome info brothers