Bottle top filter to presealed vials?

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by Evom1, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Hey guys so I'm looking to make a bunch of 50ml or 100ml vials . I always use sealed vials and syringe filters just because I don't feel confident in sterilizing vials at home with an oven and I'm not mass producing so I can't justify an autoclave

I think it would kill my hands even with a caulking gun to do 500-1000ml batches with syringe filters. Could I do something like, bottle top filter, draw up with a 60cc syringe, and then go straight into a sealed sterile vial, leaving me with a sterile end product? Or is there an easier route?

2. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You could always buy presealed vials, use bottle top filters to filter, and transfer like you said. I'd remove the top and recrimp a new top on so you don't have to push all that through a needle. I'm adventurous though.

3. Evom1

Evom1 Member

That was a thought I had too, sterilizing the stoppers isn't very easy to mess up

ickyrica likes this.
  4. penche

penche Member

@ickyrica good man, as I’ve done this as well to avoid the hassle of sterlizing when I’m lazy. Buy a small beaker like 75ml. Place yourself in a room with still air. Turn the ac and fans off. Carefully pour the filtered oil into the beaker. Cover oil/beaker with clean foil. Open the sterile vials with anything metal and clean. They open easily. With very clean hands take off the stopper and grab the beaker, then slowly pour the oil into sterile vail. Put the stopper back on and recrimp.

Edit. Remember you’re gonna need to sterilize the glass beaker tho.

5. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Now in this situation, couldn't I go from a the media bottle, to a sterile syringe, to open vial? Avoid sterilizing the beaker?

6. penche

penche Member

But how to plan to extract the oil from the media bottle with a sterile syringe? Let me know your process and steps.

7. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Septa cap was my thought, however by all means you may very well know better..Thats why I turn to you guys for help

8. penche

penche Member

For sure brotha. A septa can work in this situation. Be careful which septa you purchase. Every time you puncture it tiny bits of rubber will be floating on both your media bottle and sterile vials. Been there done that. Keep that in mind.

Grandpa Gainz, picholas and eje1990 like this.
  9. eje1990

eje1990 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I use a pipette dispenser (8 dollars) and sterile pipettes.

Also sterile open vials are available but are not cheap.

picholas and ickyrica like this.
  10. Iron Vett

Iron Vett Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Thanks for posting that you are using these. Does the pipette pump have to be sterilized or is the only part that needs to be sterilized the pipette itself?

11. eje1990

Nothing touches the dispenser. And the pipettes are sterile. It has a little wheel you spin and sucks the oil up then there is a little button on the side and it dispenses it. Sorta like when you put your straw in a drink in put your finger on the end of the straw and pull the drink out. Lol

picholas and Iron Vett like this.
  12. Evom1

Evom1 Member

I like this idea alot

eje1990 likes this.
  13. eje1990

It works great man. I'm gonna brew up probably next weekend. I'll shoot a video and pm it to you so you can see how it works.

NorthMich and ickyrica like this.
  14. Evom1

Evom1 Member

I would really appreciate that!

eje1990 likes this.
  15. picholas

picholas Member

This is exactly what I use. It works great. Only thing better would be a claveable bottle top dispenser, but those are pricey.

Attached Files:

eje1990 likes this.
  16. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Whats your procedure for filling vials exactly?

17. picholas

picholas Member

I don't use sterile vials. I sterilize them myself. First a boil them all for 30 minutes. While that's happening I have foil strips to cover the vials soaking in an alcohol/peroxide bath.

Then I wash vials with hot water, soap, and bleach and rinse with distilled water. With a fresh pair of gloves I take the foil and one at a time cover each vial.

Then the foil sealed coal vials are claved. I have a few septa stopper that I punched a bigger hole in to allow the sterile pipette to go in the media bottle. From there I draw into the pipette, and discharge about 11ml into the sterile vial that I take the foil off of only right as I fill it.

Then sterile stopper on that was soaking in a seperate alcohol/peroxide bath, and crimp.

NorthMich and eje1990 like this.
  18. eje1990

Pretty much the same way here. I only do about 5 at a time with stoppers on top then I crimp.

picholas likes this.
  19. eje1990

I wish I had an autoclave.... :(
    Lemme know when you upgrade @picholas I'll buy yours. Lol

20. picholas

picholas Member

Ebay or craigslist daily. You'll find one eventually. Mine was barely $120. Just got to shop around and be patient.

eje1990 likes this.