Breadwallet now lets you buy Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by UCSFmed, Sep 30, 2017.

1. UCSFmed

UCSFmed Member

For all you Coinbase haters, Breadwallet now allows you to purchase Bitcoin directly through them. I haven't tried it yet, but it's an alternative to the remarkable hassle of Coinbase and all the folly that comes with it.

For those that don't know, Breadwallet is available on the App Store. You just download it, and use it as a BTC wallet. You don't need to set up any kind of account for the wallet feature. Of course, you need to link your bank account to purchase Bitcoin through them.

DrinkFlintWater likes this.
  2. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Thanks- ill look into it as ive read good things on breadwallet.

@TSud heres an idea to consider.

3. Eman

Eman Member

Based on the reviews, I would stay away!

Screenshot_20170930-172730.png

This is just the first three reviews... Doesn't get much better.

4. TSud

TSud Member

Thanks for tagging me. Ill be looking in to them today sometime.

DrinkFlintWater likes this.
  5. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Are these reviews on the app itself? Ive read all positive reviews on breadwallet on crytpo sites is why i ask.

6. Eman

Eman Member

Right from the playstore reviews.

7. UCSFmed

UCSFmed Member

I've used Bread wallet for about 18 months now with zero problems.

ripgh15 and Marcus like this.
  8. Marcus

Marcus Member

100% this. I've used bread as my sending wallet after a couple jumps and have had no problems. Coins always arrive quick and are sent quick, transaction fees are never much. I've been super happy with bread

On a separate note, you can't buy directly from bread like Coinbase, it just links you to Glidera which I'm sure you all have heard of. Just a platform to buy coin with bank/CC and transfer to a wallet. It's slow, or was the last time I used it. I believe I waiting 4-5 days for transaction to clear... but could've been because it was my first one.

UCSFmed likes this.
  9. tampamiketaylor

tampamiketaylor Junior Member

So any thought of this is better and more secure than using Coinbase purchase and transferring to Blockchain? I know in addition to the 1.49% bank transfers and 3.99% for debit purchases they are now charging transfer fees to Blockchain. Bread a less expensive option and we can buy and send money from there?

10. macabremitch

macabremitch Member

bump , looking into bread now to buy (technically glidera) anybody else ?

11. UCSFmed

UCSFmed Member

Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of the Glidera factor.

Marcus likes this.