Brewing materials and advice...beakers and mixers etc

Discussion in 'Steroid Homebrew' started by Robfromga, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Robfromga

Robfromga Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Going to be brewing some test cyp and npp

I've brewed pellet tren before so I kinda, maybe have the basics done...

Keeping everything low budget... What should I use to stir? Last time I used a spoon :eek: glass rods seem kinda sketchy. I saw some SS stirs also.

I've used vacuum filters before and will probably use one again . First run will probably be just 40ml or so so I've also got a couple whatman fiters.

I've got beakers, syringes, Ba, Bb, oil, vials, alcohol, distilled water. I don't have a heat source yet, need to sort that out. I can use my stove unless it's TOO hot.

Any tips or recipes are appreciated!

2. AnTabolic73

AnTabolic73 Member

My first budget brew I didnt use anything to stir, just picked up the beaker and kept swirling it. I also didnt have anything for heat, so I used my electric griddle. Placed it on the griddle on a low setting. Picked it up swirled it, put it down... until it was in solution.

20180827_085001.jpg

20180827_083046.jpg
    I've since gotten this magnetic hot plate. It was pretty cheap on Ebay. Im not expecting it to last a lifetime. I've used it a few times no problem.

They sell stir rods you just drop it into the beaker and the machine spins it and stirs your brew. As you can see from the vortex. And then to fish it out they sell a magnetic rod( looks like a magic wand) itll draw the rod out of the beaker.

Recipes. I haven't brewed any of those. But cyp should hold at 200mg 2/20 ba/bb, cyp I've heard is a little harder to get to hold vs enan that's why you dont usually see it higher than 250. And npp, I haven't heard anyone say it's a tricky substance so a basic recipe should do.

Stove will be too hot of it's a regular flame stove. If it's a fancy electric one where you can set the temp and it has those little circle burner areas that just get orange when hot, maybe you can use it. Depends on if the temperature can be adjusted.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    NorthMich likes this.
  3. Robfromga

Thanks for the reply .
    I was planning on test cyp at 250 .
    My stove is a glass topped electric . I do have a laser temp probe, guess I need to see what temp it gets to on low/warm .

4. AnTabolic73

AnTabolic73 Member

Yea so that'll work. You dont really need heat, per se, it will make it easier. You want the solvents to do the heavy lifting. If you rely on heat, it could crash once it gets to room temp or colder.

I like to use as little heat as possible.

If you Google the chemical name and msds or safety data sheet. A bunch of companies put out pdf's with melting points and various other info. Screenshot_20180828-205704_Drive.jpg so I like to use enough heat but dont like to get it all the way to the actual melting point, so I know I'm not relying on the heat to just melt the raws. Let the solvents do that.

I learned that msds trick from @LordSamuilo . I use it often for oral. You can find the solubility for most of them and then when you make oral solutions you have a general idea of where to start.

TideGear, TRT@40, Discodon and 3 others like this.
  5. Robfromga

Good tips. Thanks .

AnTabolic73 likes this.
  6. Robfromga

Laser temp read the "warmer" spot on my cooktop . Hit 216 after 30mins . So it's pretty low heat. Thinking that solves the heat source equation?

Everything is on hand, just need some free time.

7. boost creep

boost creep Member

I placed the beaker in a stainless frying pan dry on a gas stove. I measured the temp with a laser thermometer. It worked great! If it gets to hot pull the pan off to the side and wait. I kept my test e at 200 for about 15min.

8. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Regarding the hotplate mixer, seems like it might be useful if the mixing area is a little cold. I'm thinking of setting up operation in a downstairs room. Very clean, but cool.

Maybe the heat is helpful to bring the mix to ~75F. Not melting, using the solvent, but at a slight bump above room temp

AnTabolic73 likes this.
  9. 5h4dovv

5h4dovv Junior Member

I have basically same hotplate mixer but even when you set the temp mine seems to just keep rising above the set point does yours do that also or is there a trick to it..it doesnt matter what I set it at even the alarm setting or timed heat mode it just let's it rise above setting.

AnTabolic73 likes this.
  10. 5h4dovv

5h4dovv Junior Member

So I've had to just take it off heat for min then put back on or get little above my set point then turn it off. Or maybe the temp sensor rod is fucked. Cant say much it was super cheap but it does get annoying when your trying to get to get other things ready and have to keep eye on it so dont burn your shit up

AnTabolic73 likes this.
  11. Holidaypay

Holidaypay Member

I use a 15 dollar hotplate from Wal-Mart cheap as hell an works great an if ur gna use the syringe filters 5 bucks on a caulk gun will make life a lot easier

12. AnTabolic73

AnTabolic73 Member

Mine doesnt have that issue. But I try not to use a lot of heat. Just enough. All the rod does is measure the temp of the oil its sitting in, I dont think it has anything to so with the units temperature.

13. bambam333

bambam333 Member

a brake bleeder and vacuum filter will do all of your work unless your trying to get stronger thumbs and forearms pushing through filters haha

14. Holidaypay

Holidaypay Member

Yeh that's deff a lot easier but he said he probably only doing 40ml at first so bottle top would be a waste

15. bambam333

bambam333 Member

true didnt see that. I have nightmares from the sore thumbs ill never go back to syringe pushin

16. Holidaypay

Holidaypay Member

Lmao I know what u mean first time I did 100 ml gso wit no caulk gun fuckin hated it

17. 5h4dovv

5h4dovv Junior Member

Ya I usually try to let the solvent do most of the work then turn mixer on basically just makes it clear faster but the heat is automatic and on with mixer so maybe run a switch to it toggle it off and on... mine has a heat set point you can set at whatever temp you want and a timer but just doesnt work I figured the thermo wand would trigger the unit off and on depending on its temp but no not at all..

AnTabolic73 likes this.
  18. 5h4dovv

5h4dovv Junior Member

Is a bottle top dispenser really worth it if making your own personal stuff? I'm sure it makes it easier since you can set it to fill exact amounts but that doesnt really matter much at all when personal stuff. I just for some reason like 10ml bottles seems 50ml rubber stoppers break down after so many pins. Even 25ml bottles.. typically takes like 30min to fill 20 10ml which isnt bad but then again you only have to run your pump filter it then unscrew and screw bottle top on and bam going

19. Robfromga

Yes .
    It's MUCH cleaner. There's no leaks. If you already have a little hand vac all you need is a media bottle and the filter tops .

Pour it in, pump it up to 15ish lbs(filter should have working pressure data) and walk away. You may have to pump it a fee more times, but it's WAY easier. All my stuff is personal, and just do 200-300 ml batches. If I'm testing a brew I'll do 20ml and use a syringe filter and think the whole time....wow...these filters suck!

bambam333 likes this.
  20. 5h4dovv

5h4dovv Junior Member

Ya I use a electric pump with .22 filter now so much easier then a whatman filter.. just turn on and walk away lol. I might just go with the bottle top dispenser when doing 200ml seen them for like 190 shipped so not crazy expensive..