CAR STEREOS. WHO LIKES EM LOUD!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by boodecarlo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. boodecarlo

boodecarlo Member

So Is there any fellow bass heads in meso? I'm into car stereos, the louder the better. Anyone else with this addiction & what are you running in your ride?

2. x11

x11 Member

More of an at home audiophile.

Around my area cops take a dislike to a booming car audio system especially in a 2 door Japanese sport car with tinted windows and turbo, lowered suspension....etc.

Speaking from experience on this.

boodecarlo likes this.
  3. boodecarlo

boodecarlo Member

Home audio is awesome too. In my younger yrs I got a DUI & was put on house arrest, the cop who came to my house to hook me up ended up staying for a couple hrs after he heard our setup. My roommate was playing God Of War & he was amazed at how the surround sound was, he was actually pretty cool lol.

4. x11

x11 Member

You should have offered that cop some weed.

HIGHRISK likes this.
  5. boodecarlo

boodecarlo Member

I'm pretty sure he would've toked it haha

6. legendary

legendary Member

I use to years ago. Out of the game now. Would love to put something in my f150. Just not sure what route to go

HIGHRISK and boodecarlo like this.
  7. boodecarlo

boodecarlo Member

Man I've been out of the game for a while too & damn things have changed, actually for the better. The amps & subs used to be expensive for the good ones & now you can get better quality for a third of the price & the subs are insane now. The ones I'm buying have a 4" bounce on them, they look crazy when playing. Shit the Rockfords used to cost me $600 bucks a sub & now you can get a better one for $200 bucks & it's the same with the amps.

Logan44551 likes this.
  8. gr8whitetrukker

gr8whitetrukker Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I genuinely dont understand why some one would want loud music playing over the magnifiscent burble of a cross plane V8. I can and do listen to it all day all trip long. For years on end. Maybe its because i have a deep love affair with all things mechanical. Specifically big displacement diesels( if your thinking cummins, powerstroke and duramax you really have no idea) and lively V8s. Take for example a coyote 5.0L or maybe a 6.4L hellcat. No music trumps that sound. Im taking another trip to NY here in a cpl weeks. Thats 1600+ miles and about 26hrs of actual drive time. And i can count on 1 hand the amount of minutes ill be doing anything other than sitting in complete aw and silence over detroits latest masterpiece. I love it. Infact i dont even own a cd player or radio in one of my projects and havent for 7 years. Yes it sounds that good:D

9. legendary

legendary Member

Oh man. The coyote sounds so good. I’m missing the 5.0 I traded in for the ecoboost.

10. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

i enjoy quality music in my car...but, i keep it simple.

Alpine deck
    Focal Flax 6.5 components in the front
    Focal 12" Sub in ported box
    Arc Audio 4ch amp powering everything

I would be interested in a simple home audio set up that won't break the bank!

boodecarlo likes this.
  11. HIGHRISK

HIGHRISK Member

Back in the day I was one of those bastards. I have a very nice factory upgrade system in my ram. It has a sub under the rear seat. I'd like to put 2 12" under there eventually just because I do like loud music at times.

I'm currently building a house and on my list of custom things is a bad ass surround system. Also speakers throughout the house and patio for music.

MindlessWork and boodecarlo like this.
  12. boodecarlo

boodecarlo Member

Definitely different strokes for different folks. Unlike my brother in law I could care less about the sound of a loud truck or car, hell I even helped him redo his 77 cutlass from the ground up. I think it's one of those times where you either get it or you don't both ways. Just like lifting, most of my friends just don't understand why I "waste my time lifting" lol. That's not to say I don't appreciate certain bad ass cars like the hellcat ;)

13. boodecarlo

boodecarlo Member

It's funny because I had to do some serious studying to update my knowledge of systems again lol. But the nice thing is now you can get great sounding audio for home & car for way cheaper than it used to be. Hell ima big kid still it's just now I'm at a point in life where I have all the main things I need so it's time to get back into my hobby :)

HIGHRISK likes this.
  14. boodecarlo

boodecarlo Member

Also it's good to see ya Truck, how the hell have you been?

15. ergomaniac

ergomaniac Member

boodecarlo and ickyrica like this.
  16. HIGHRISK

HIGHRISK Member

The good thing is I actually have money now!

The bad thing is I actually have money now:D. I'm gonna need my boy @ickyrica come hook me up with some audio visual shit!

boodecarlo and ickyrica like this.
  17. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I got you man

Low end so thunderous it'll shake the panties off mindless

boodecarlo and HIGHRISK like this.
  18. MCFC

MCFC Member

Only when I was a teenager lol

jackbladezzz likes this.
  19. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Before I started flipping cars I probably bought and sold hundreds of car audio systems.
    It was a lot of fun. And I made some decent money too.

Here’s a little set up I had up in my last flip car.
    48F8B8AF-5F9B-44CE-9233-5737CDE2C56B.jpeg

I used to buy and sell so much shit I was just hooking all my friends up with sound systems a few years back haha.

Edit:
    Here’s my little home audio system
    It’s not much but it sounds clean and it was practically free with all the little shit I had lying around haha. 5E495843-1E85-4920-8A88-0E4B67460ED4.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    boodecarlo, ickyrica and HIGHRISK like this.
  20. brutus79

brutus79 Member

I'm pissed.... just bought a 2018 volvo t8. It has everything. Autopilot, 4 cylinder 2 liter 418 hp that gets 70 miles to the gallon. And 3 rows of seats.

Got a jl audio w7 12" and an hd 1000 hp amp to give it 1000w at 3 ohms. The w7's are.... aggressive.

Wait a month for a jl shop to get me in and.... they can't do it. The entire car is a supercomputer that is all fiberoptic. Fucking fuck.

I have some guys down south that work on Bentleys and rolls.... I'm probably going to have to pay more for the install than the 2500 I dropped on the damn sub and amp.

I care that much lol. Grew up with that shit. The louder music is- when it's so loud you almost cant breathe- I'm at my calmest.

I never really wondered why, but I was up north and had dinner with my dad and sister. He told me I was a 7 and my sister was a 5... what did he mean? He said he needed the stereo at a 7 to not hear me cry in my crib when he got stuck watching me. So, I figure loud music soothed me then, it soothes me now. Run it.

boodecarlo, ickyrica and biggerben69 like this.