CARL ICAHN warns of a Global Collapse

Discussion in 'Men's Economics' started by CensoredBoardsSuck, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Genghis K.

Genghis K. Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Good video.

2. Smitherine

Smitherine Junior Member

Great Video! I've heard other economist echoing the same.

3. jc1991

jc1991 Member

Great video

4. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

Sound commentary. Let's hope Hillary, Bernie, and the rest of the craziest folks in Congress don't remain in power after the next election - then we can really kiss the economy goodbye.

pumpingiron22 and MindlessWork like this.
  5. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Now that's something smart coming from Icahn himself. Our government is so pathetic. Great video thanks for sharing

tenpoundsleft likes this.
  6. blunted4

blunted4 Junior Member

when to sell?

7. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

His subliminal message: Sell it all right now and leave the cash under your mattress ;)

Also sell all your gold too!

(j/k)

8. Richie A

Richie A Junior Member

It's propaganda at its best to make you believe we are doomed. What makes his points valid in the first place, let's see his credentials, let's see if he is selling it all, show me proof and I will still take his claim with a grain. I hope people don't fall for this B.S. , very few can pull the right strings when it's needed, and we will never know they even exist.

9. Dr JIM

Dr JIM Member

To a large extent today's market is a huge guessing game.

There are far to many extraneous factors no one individual, or computer, can account for in our GLOBAL economy.

10. viking23

viking23 Member

Great video

11. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

It's not propaganda, Icahn made (and makes) numerous points about what makes for economic success - and the opposite. His is an argued position, not propaganda. Propaganda would be listening to populists like Bernie or demagogues like Hillary.

12. Richie A

Richie A Junior Member

I will leave the terminology alone, but until I hear all the worlds economists say there is a bubble about to burst, then I will pick up my head and listen. I have listened to my investment broker only fifty percent of the time over at Merrill Lynch, meaning you must form some sort of opinion on your own. Meanwhile I will go back to the boardwalk and look for the man in the machine with the turbin and slide in a few quarters. Oh and again just forming an opinion with my 51 years of life on earth.

13. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

Icahn isn't anyone's FA - but he's got more real life business experience than most of us on this board combined. If he's concerned and takes the trouble to elaborate, probably worth listening to. More long-term political advice than short-term investment tips.

14. Richie A

Richie A Junior Member

Don't forget , her was also the sheister that took down TWA in the mid 80s and profited on the backs of hard working blue collar bones. If you watched the movie Wall Street he was more likely to be the Gordon's sort to speak. He is just looking to double his checking account, just an opinion and again when the chips are down he is ready to go all in. Make sense? Or am I just rambling, sorry if I am.

15. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

Doesn't mean he's any less insightful.

Sure, he's a corporate raider, or was, seems like he's mellowed with age.

16. tenpoundsleft

tenpoundsleft Member

The preferred term these days is "activist investor" btw, perhaps because whiny, hypersensitive lefties got into the game, albeit for other reasons.

17. Aces

Aces Member

Notice how there has been no collapse and its been almost 2 years since he made that idiotic statement. Markets collapse from black swan events not dumb predictions. Markets dont make sense and its so hard to predict . I basically look at charts and go long until the charts says short.

korat and IwantToGetBig.Frank like this.