Cholesterol

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Jn2k2, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Jn2k2

Jn2k2 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

What are some of the best natural supplements to lower LDL and raise HDL? Omega 3s? Garlic? Thanks for any help

2. Silentlemon1011

Silentlemon1011 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

A Niacin flush does some great work as well.
    Uncomfortable, but does the trick.

Toadzyyy likes this.
  3. Jn2k2

I was reading about niacin, is a niacin flush just taking a bunch of it?

4. Silentlemon1011

Pretty much.
    I'm a fan of injectable b complex, just as a standard ancillary.

I've only done 2 niacin flushes and I cant remember the dosage. (Have it written down in my notepad at home)
    Was recommended to me by @Perrin Aybara
    great for lowering LDL

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  5. Jn2k2

I appreciate the info, definitely going to look into niacin, did you do them once a month? Once a week?

Toadzyyy likes this.
  6. Silentlemon1011

I did 2
    Weeks 1-2 once a week.
    I also added Metamucil after breakfast.
    Of course Omega fatty acid pills where a part of my protocol as well.

Injectable B complex I do every 3 weeks (Which also contains niacin)

Gets everything under control quite nicely, obviously taking a break from the gear and the force feeding kn cycle is essential as well

Toadzyyy, Avies48 and Jn2k2 like this.
  7. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

No connection between dietary cholesterol and blood levels of cholesterol.

there never was a connection. Just the opportunity for a multi- trillion dollar industry

FDA currently finally agrees- no connection

Avies48 and Jn2k2 like this.
  8. Okay... But he's asking about supplements, not if he should drop eggs from his diet. :confused:

Look into red yeast rice. i've heard some good things about it's effects on cholesterol, though it may have side effects similar to statin drugs.

Toadzyyy, Jn2k2 and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  9. brutus79

brutus79 Member

So when I adjust my diet and my cholesterol moves down over 100 points, adjust it back and it shoots up again is that just magic? Or some kind of placebo reaction for a liberal conspiracy?

Villain and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  10. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

There’s no connection. Never was. Don’t take my word for it.

Avies48 likes this.
  11. Avies48

Avies48 Member

I wish mine would go down by diet alone, doesnt want to budge

Ive been reading a lot about alpha- cyclodextrin or just cyclodextrin for lowering cholesterol

12. shawn2551

shawn2551 Member

My Lipids are great except for my HDL. I had gotten all kinds of advice on how to lower LDL but not much on how to raise HDL

One is to go to true TRT levels let your body get back to natural levels. HIT and cardio raise your HDL, but not while on

Then it was also told to me to eat actual organ Meats, and supplement with desiccated liver

Jn2k2 likes this.
  13. Jn2k2

I saw an article mention red yeast rice but the chemical that’s in it that possibly has the cholesterol lowering effects, the FDA deemed medicinal so that chemical is no longer found in red yeast rice supplements, I’m still going to try it though. Figured niacin, RYR and omega 3s and get blood work in a month see if there’s any changes. Got blood work back today and wasn’t too happy, this is after about two months of really cleaning up my diet and dropping a significant amount of bulshit weight

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  14. Silentlemon1011

Dont forget the metamucil
    Tastes pretty good, quick table spoon and it's a great way to get an extra 10 oz of water in as well.
    I do one a day

15. Jn2k2

I’ve got about a 5 year supply of Metamucil I got from Costco 2 years ago, I usually only take it when I’m backed up but I’ll try it daily. Thanks again for the info, if you happen to look through your notes and see the dosages for the niacin flushes, would you mind sharing?

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  16. Silentlemon1011

@Villain is much more experienced at this than I am.
    He recommended I start with 500 and work my way up.
    500 got me pretty toasty lol, did the trick quite well

Villain likes this.
  17. Jn2k2

So just a regular ol niacin supp? Is there so kind of special form of niacin I should be looking for ?

Silentlemon1011 likes this.
  18. Villain

Villain Member

You want the Niacin with flushing action. The flush is what actually helps bring your cholesterol levels back into normal range. Because it’s really intense with the flush, you’ll want to start at 500 and work your way up to 1000-1200

Avies48, Jn2k2 and Silentlemon1011 like this.
  19. Jn2k2

Just picked some up on amazon. Should I do it once a week? Or every other day? Everyday? Thanks again

20. Avies48

Avies48 Member

How long should one does this, and how often to get bw in order to see how much its changing?

Ive used niacin and thought i was going to die, beet red and couldnt breathe well on just 250 mlg