Clomid and sex drive

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by KTCKSports, Jun 11, 2004.

KTCKSports

KTCKSports Guest

Hi gents,

Why is it every time I get on clomid I lose 100% of my sex drive? I was fine two days ago before getting on it, and now no sex drive whatsoever. I do now have some hcg and Proviron I am currently using.

I just was curious as to what your sex drive was during your recovery period when Clomid is introduced?

thanks!
    K-

Neodavid

Neodavid Junior Member

Really... well THAT's no good. Never heard anyone complain before, and one guy said it makes you shoot loads like Peter North.

Bump for info

KTCKSports

KTCKSports Guest

I don't get it. I will just consume all of my clomid like necessary along with the nolva, Provirion and hcg. Hopefully I will be back in two weeks.

Any info would be appreciated.

supirman

supirman Junior Member

I've read many times over that hcg hinders recovery if taking along with clomid. If it's being used post cycle, it should be from time of last injection to time you start clomid and that's it.

When I cycled last year and used it this way, I was a raging horny bastard and did shoot loads like you wouldn't believe. Nearly drowned my girl...

STRENGTH222

STRENGTH222 Junior Member

VDC

VDC Junior Member

This is clomid 101,,,Clomid has estrogenic properties,,,It binds to the er,,,Some guys get moody,,,and you apparently lose your sex drive,,,Try nolva though it also has E properties,,,arimidex or femara might be better for you,,,VDC

STRENGTH222

STRENGTH222 Junior Member

LISTEN TO VDC. HE IS A GOD HERE...NICE TO SEE YOU ARE BACK BRO, NEVER REALLY HAD A CHANCE TO CHAT WITH YOU BUT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME SOME VERY VALUABLE INFO SO FOR THAT I AM GRATEFUL...ALWAYS LISTEN TO VDC..HI IS THE GOD OF MESSO:)

KTCKSports

KTCKSports Guest

Good advice gents. I will continue to use nolva, hcg and Provirion for the time being. Since I have some clomid left, I will use that up as well.

I've heard many arguments the nolvadex is better for recovery then Clomid. This reason is why I stocked up on it before. Any inputs on Nolva vs Clomid would be great.

turbojav

turbojav Junior Member

I'm in the same boat, recovering from cycle, taking clomid and have gone from a very high sex drive to NOTHING now. I mean not even looking at tits and ass on the street and I used to catch myself looking at old women occasionally when I was on. And OF COURSE, as always, I get a new girlfriend just as I am ending my cycle. I hope she loves me for my mind....

I'm tempted to take hcg, but won't that cause inhibition?

VDC

VDC Junior Member

Here's something Swale posted and one from Einstein,,,Please Strength glorify God, not me,,,I wouldn't be here and know what I do without Him,,,VDC

Your own humble SWALE was the very first to recognize that hcg
    stimulates the production of all three hormonal pathways which use CHOL
    as starting point (mineralcorticoids, glucocorticoids and sex hormones)
    in ways beneficial to HPTA suppressed males. That is because its analog,
    LH, stimulates the P450SCC enzyme, which converts CHOL to pregnenolone,
    then onto the others. In HPTA suppressed males--and ALL who supplement
    testosterone are suppressed to some extent--this tends to restore a more
    healthful balance within, and across, these pathways.

Nearly everyone who adds my HCG protocol to their TRT reports back they
    feel MUCH better on it. That is, in and of itself, a good thing. The only
    complaint so far? they aren't able to get as much work done because they
    are then spending so much time exercising their libido.

We are finding more and more tissues where LH is active. I just do not
    like the idea of living long term with reduced LH, and HCG helps this.

There just seems to be something very, very special about enhancing
    endogenous T production in HPTA-suppressed males, on a regular basis.
    This was written by Swale I do not claim to have written this ENDRO.

**Every cycle should use at least include 0.25mg/day of adex and 10mg/day of nolva....ALL the way through, including pct, with the exception that nolva gets bumped to 20mg/day and clomid is added. An AI during a cycle as well as pct serves many purposes (controlling estrogen, increasing igf-1, reducing SHBG, and expediting HPTA recovery).,,,This suggestion comes from a post by Einstein on Meso's General Discusion Forum,,,As soon as we can afford it The Record Shop will stock arimidex,,,

KTCKSports

KTCKSports Guest

I have to agree with VDC's last paragraph regarding the importance of taking anti-e's during the entire cycle. My last cycle, I didn't take much nolvadex and when I tried to recover, it took a long, long time. Right now, I haven't had any of the sex drive problems that I've had in the past. I am guessing using the nolva for the entire cycle helped me out in that respect.

**Every cycle should use at least include 0.25mg/day of adex and 10mg/day of nolva....ALL the way through, including pct, with the exception that nolva gets bumped to 20mg/day and clomid is added. An AI during a cycle as well as pct serves many purposes (controlling estrogen, increasing igf-1, reducing SHBG, and expediting HPTA recovery).,,,This suggestion comes from a post by Einstein on Meso's General Discusion Forum,,,As soon as we can afford it The Record Shop will stock arimidex,,,[/QUOTE]

GeorgeGlass

GeorgeGlass Junior Member

I'm the same way. During recovery, while on Clomid, I don't even think about sex. Kinda of weird going from thinking about it all the time to hardly even for a moment during the day.

Also, so how about it VDC? Are you saying HCG is a must or what? Just wanted to clear it up.

George

mxim

mxim Junior Member

clomid more than doubles my T levels. they went from 305ng tp 657ng after 14 days. i used 50mgs of clomid once per day and on day 14 had my levels checked. lh and fsh also improved and so did my libido. this was done after being clean for a year. i don't know the libido effects of clomid while on AAS but after being off for A WHILE, clomid at 50mgs per day will definitelywork. going over 50mgs per day is a mystery to me as far as benefits for i have never gone over 50mgs.clomid has a direct effect on the hypothalamus as an anti estrogen,more so than nolvadex.also,nolvadex raises cholesterol much more than clomid;at least it did for me and nolvadex did virtually nothing for my T levels.
    mxim

DLMCBBB

DLMCBBB Junior Member

Sure will thats why you use it during the "cycle" not post cycle. I would only use it post cycle, if I didnt employ it during. Swale once said I think, that the testes are the "rate limiting" step, not LH levels.

Dustin

SWALE

SWALE Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine

GEEZ. I leave for a few days and this Forum turns into a discussion about steroids!

Since we are on the subject, as I always say, every-body is different. You do not know how a hormone-altering substance will affect you until you try it.

It is not true that every cycle should include arimidex. Most, but certainly not every. And Arimidex should never be used post-cycle. The risk of lowering E too far is too great.

DLMCBBB

DLMCBBB Junior Member

Sorry if from time to time we get carried away, this "stuff" is just too damm exciting.

KTCKSports

KTCKSports Guest

Swale,

Can you use Provirion and hcg post cycle? What do you think?

K-

LuvMuhRoids

LuvMuhRoids Junior Member

Loss of sex drive is from SHBG levels increasing (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin). You can run an AI (aromatizing inhibitor) along side your serms like nolvadex and clomid to control the influx.

KTCKSports

KTCKSports Guest

i used some of the hcg and my boys are up and running at least for the time being.

turbojav

turbojav Junior Member

Hi VDC, you are the spiritual leader of Meso! I hope you are well, thanks for the good info.

Also good to hear from SWALE that one shouldn't take Arimidex post-cycle, I didn't know that.

I think I was hampered a little last cycle from what I believe to be bunk liquidex. I also took low doses of tren and I think I was starting to get too much progestin. I will def. have a better anti-E pharmacopia on hand next time should I do another cycle.

My nuts are back to good-sized but I'm still having a libido lag 7 weeks out after the last test. shot. I would love to do run of hcg, but will save that as a last resort, since I am guessing it would inhibit. If there is any info to the contrary, please let me know.

Peace.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.