Coinbase double charging?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by mdavid82, Feb 15, 2018.

1. mdavid82

mdavid82 Member

just saw that coinbase took money out of my account for a purchase I made on the 2nd. I didn’t authorize it and they said it’s been happening to a lot of people. Anyone else?

2. SuperMaroid

SuperMaroid Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Confused at what your trying to say. You made a purchase on the 2nd, but you didnt authorize it?

Did you make the purchase or they just randomly charged you? How much was it? Are the bitcoins in your account? Do you have pending transactions?

Never had any problems with Coinbase before.

3. mdavid82

mdavid82 Member

Charged me a second time and it’s on my bank account but not my coinbase account. I initially bought 720.00 worth of bitcoin february 2 and it took it out again last night. Like I said, no pending transactions

master.on likes this.
  4. SuperMaroid

Contact Coinbase. If they cant help, contact your bank.

5. theSilence

theSilence Member

I think you would be lucky if coinbase actually responded to a request ticket or call. I would go straight to your bank and dispute the charge. This is one of the reasons to use an Amex gift card or something when purchasing coin. Best of luck to you though, hopefully your bank doesn’t give you any grief.

master.on likes this.
  6. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

master.on likes this.
  7. mdavid82

mdavid82 Member

Already did both and a gift card credit card is a good idea. Bank said they’d pay it back in 3 days if nothing happens by then with coinbase

8. master.on

master.on Member

I wouldn't be surpirised if exchanges were up to their eyeballs long Btc, and now try compensate losses by overcharging customers.
    Not specific to coinbase, tho.

9. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

OP if youre on reddit, reach out to user: coinbase-olga. Shes the only one that im aware of that can/will help. Other than that, good luck with coinbase customer service.

10. DrinkFlintWater

Edit: theres currently an issue with other customers as well.

11. mdavid82

mdavid82 Member

I’m just going to my bank. That’s just retarded

master.on and Gbro like this.
  12. Masters Power

Masters Power Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I much prefer Gemini to Coinbase.

13. Samsquanch

Samsquanch Member

Be thankful you were only double charged. Someone on reddit is claiming they got charged 50x what they bought, to the tune of $67k!

master.on likes this.
  14. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

master.on likes this.
  15. master.on

master.on Member

50x?
    Wow

Come on guys
    you were supposed to have heard the word exit-scam before
    Don't act like total newbies.
    Btc is unregulated, remember?

16. SuperMaroid

This is insane. I'd like to hear more updates of this story. Hope he can get his money back.

17. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Tell me more

18. Masters Power

Masters Power Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Sign up information is similar to Coinbase as is money transfer but fees are extremely low.

They are listed on the site, I haven't been on Coinbase for a while but the last time I checked they were several percentage points higher in fees when purchasing bitcoin.

All of my transactions have cleared quickly as well. Don't really know if that has anything to do with Gemini but it certainly wasn't the case on Coinbase.

19. DrinkFlintWater

20. master.on

master.on Member

[​IMG]