Coinbase now refuses my credit and debit cards

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Outlier, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

I am no longer able to purchase bitcoins from coinbase using my cc or debit card. My last transaction was a couple of months ago. Any suggestions on how I can purchase bitcoins now?

2. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

There was an issue with their payment processing. It can be a simple fix as deleting your cards and re-adding them. As much as i do not like coinbase, its the easiest way to buy IMO. I would first email or call customer support as to what is going on with your account first. If it was closed or not. Other options include the ABRA app which is instant with amercian express I think. Kraken but the process will take awhile. There are others also...just cant think of which ones at the moment.

Outlier likes this.
  3. Outlier

Outlier Member

I just tried deleting my cards and adding them and received the message, 'something went wrong please try again.' I tried three times.

DrinkFlintWater likes this.
  4. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Ok, did you try it on the desktop site? If so, then safe to assume there might be an issue.

5. SamuelJones

SamuelJones Member

Get a new debit card, until then hit up your local western union.

6. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Or may be some banks are blocking debit cards as well?

7. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

It’s not coinbase it’s your bank.

Call them up and get it figured out.

8. Fivesandsixes

Fivesandsixes Junior Member

Don't purchase crypto with your credit/debit cards. Just a bad idea all around imo.

Always use your bank to transfer the money it takes 5-6 days, but its more secure.