Coinbase requiring ID soon?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by GrizzlyMint, May 1, 2018.

1. GrizzlyMint

GrizzlyMint Member

Didn’t click into email but saw snippet some point this week they are going to require ID to send? Time to move what’s left?

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If you have nothing to hide just use Coinbase to buy your coin and then move them to an outside wallet then make your gear purchases ONLY from that outside wallet at another exchange or a hardware wallet.

SuperSwede likes this.
  3. GrizzlyMint

GrizzlyMint Member

I already do that I’m saying if they require to move to another account to provide ID may find a different account to add in instead of Coinbase

4. SuperSwede

SuperSwede Member

There is other solutions than Coinbase. Coinbase sucks so hard.
    1. Expensive fees
    2. They will have you on the radar.

5. MindlessWork

If Coinbase is going to require ID to send then yes it is time to move to another exchange to buy coin.

6. DrinkFlintWater

DrinkFlintWater Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I looked elsewhere and cant find anything. Just to clarify- Are you saying you got an email from them stating they will require an ID to send to another address?

7. MindlessWork

If that is true then fuck that as I do not want my real name attached to a particular transaction that LE can pick up on.

8. GrizzlyMint

GrizzlyMint Member

Yeah can’t scrub photo right now but essentially said increase security and to send/receive digital currency required photo ID. To be honest not ton left now anyways may just burn it in some unnecessary purchase :D