Coinbase requiring me to upload my ID?

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Evom1, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Evom1

Evom1 Member

When I verified my bank account, it's now saying I can't purchase Bitcoin without uploading a picture of my ID. Not sure I'm a fan of that idea

2. If you're gonna use coinbase you're uploading a card or bank account info, email, and other info anyways. If they want you they have you long before you upload your ID. Just my 2 cents

Sdryx, Perrin Aybara and vidocq like this.
  3. vidocq

vidocq Member

I'm pretty sure all new users need to verify themselves with ID in order to send BTC on Coinbase these days

4. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Nope

5. vidocq

vidocq Member

Really? What kind of limits do you get without verification???

6. It gave me $2500 a week via bank draft and $100 via card without id. Uploaded license and card went to $300. Didn't look at Bank draft limit after.

frozen likes this.
  7. vidocq

vidocq Member

I wonder what the perk is to get verified by ID. Do you have the USD wallet option?

8. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Wonder if coinbase does any credit report checks to set limits?

9. I don't know what all other options it opened. I just wanted to be able to use my debit card for more than $100. I was thinking I'm gonna need a payment plan with the source at $100 a week lol. I'll check on the usd waller and let you know.

10. I doubt it. I think they'd have to have a social for that and it didn't ask me for that. A few months back my credit score was right at an 800, I'm sure they would have given me more than a $100 limit. I will say I think they prefer bank drafts because I started off with a $2500 limit there compaired to $100 on the debit.

vidocq and MindlessWork like this.
  11. It's asking me how I want to deposit into my usd wallet so looks like I have that option.

12. MindlessWork

Oh ok thanks for that as was just wondering. I plan to open a Coinbase account soon myself. Verifying my ID should be no issue as I have nothing to really hide.

13. Zyzzóg

Zyzzóg Junior Member

Go download the app circle that's how I get bitcoins it's easy no checking anything whatsoever try it literally put in your card transfer btc

14. Circle is dead! Buried just the other day.

ebkallday and MindlessWork like this.
  15. MindlessWork

[​IMG]

Fall3nchild, wedorecover and vidocq like this.
  16. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

What's the deal with circle? Did something happen?
    It's worked good for me but I haven't used it in awhile.

17. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

350.00 debit card

5k Bank Transfer

[​IMG]

flenser likes this.
  18. Circle got out of the bitcoin business last week.

19. Sk8man101

Sk8man101 Member

Well fuck..

20. Bassist

Bassist Member

Whats going on Circle doesnt work anymore, any suggestions for bitcoin app?
    Does coinbase transfer instantly?