coinbase

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by tattscp35, Oct 4, 2018.

1. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

Bought bitcoin from my coinbase app account. This is my first time. It's linked to my banking. It says I can not send the bitcoin for 15 days? Do I honestly have to wait that long...seems like I'll lose money in that time

2. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

Did you get the bitcoin yet? I bet if you check your Coinbase account it will say pending still.

Coinbase takes forever to give out your bitcoin the first time you buy with bank transfer. At least it did for me! Wire transfer or credit card are faster but I think they have higher fees.

3. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

I got bitcoin but just can't sent it because it's on hold for 15 days. By tgat time I'll lose a lot I'm guessing. So is it just the first time and after that it goes in and out right away?

4. TRT

TRT Member

That time will slowly be cut down. For me it was a month long after I'd max out the $1,000 limit. Then the second time it was 24 days, then 19, 14, 9 and now 4. Just got to keep using it.

5. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

TRT but by the time your bitcoin becomes available for you to send aren't you losing a lot of them? Seem like the bitcoin amount goes down by the day

6. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

So didn't you lose a lot of money having to wait 30 days, 24 days and so on? My bitcoin goes down by the day.

7. Xragexx

Xragexx Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Always buy USD first, that way you aren’t losing money in the wait. Then when you get ready to buy change it for bitcoin and make your purchase.

sinewave3 likes this.
  8. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

So I have a small amount (for a test) in my USD wallet. When I click on that wallet the only 2 options it gives me is Deposit and Withdraw. I'm using my phone app for coinbase. So how do I use this small amount to buy bitcoin?

9. Xragexx

Xragexx Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If your app is like mine right under the USD there is the bitcoin link. Click it and it will bring you into a section that has two things that say buy & sell. Click buy and buy it with your usd money

10. tattscp35

tattscp35 Member

Sweet! Thank you. So doing it this way will allow me to buy bitcoing and send the same day?

11. What's the reasoning behind all this dicking around with wait times? They want people to buy BTC so they can make money off the fee's, but then impose these ridiculous wait times?

12. sinewave3

sinewave3 Member

It should. I think the wait time is like a extra security or something. Once the money/btc is in your account you ave passed the wait and should be g2g.

13. Do these long wait times apply to all forms of crypto, and/or the outlet being purchased from?

i'd like to wet my feet with crypto. Namely LTC. But if the wait times are ridiculous, i'll take a pass on it.

14. HIGHRISK

HIGHRISK Member

Pm me if u want some help. I've helped a few guys. It's super easy really.

15. i'm going to take you up on that offer soon. Thanks, brother.

HIGHRISK likes this.