Converting high reps into high weights

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by nervje, Nov 15, 2018.

1. nervje

nervje Member

I.e = convert a bodybuilder to a powerlifter.

Ive been wanting to powerlift at a meet for a few years now, strength just wont go up really.
    The heavier it gets, the lower the reps i can do (yea let me explain).

If i would do 400lbs, i can do a lot of reps, and if calculated i should hit x-amount of weight for 1 rep.

If i do 500lbs for reps then, i achieve not the amount of reps i should achieve compared to what i was able to do with 400lbs.

So..example: at 10 reps w 400lbs, i calculate my maxlift should be at x pounds.

Now i take those x pounds and calculate how many reps i should be performing with 500 lbs ->

Must do y-amounts of reps with 500lbs to theroetically achieve the maxlift with x lbs.

Trying out 500lbs - not even getting close to y amount of reps.

Question -
    How to convert bodybuilder strength (i.e. many many reps and shit) to powerlifter strength

Is there a "special" plan for this scenario?
    Anyone done it and how did you achieve getting powerlifter retarded strength?

2. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Prilepins chart

3. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I caution, powerlifting strength brings powerlifting ailments. Prehab or die.

4. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member

Fiber type could be contributing. But I would bet you’ll start seeing higher loads as you continue to work those low rep ranges. Your body is amazing with adaptation. Just keep banging away. Note that not everyone is meant to be a great power lifter.

Some people grow like weeds. Some lift heavy shit. Some are exceptional at neither.

5. nervje

nervje Member

Well when i was around 22 (mightve been at 21 i dont rememver too well) i was able to squat 440lbs, then i slightly tore my quad on a lift.

Since then i javent been squatting more than 350lbs.
    I took time off squatting a few weeks and continued training legs normally since then.
    But somehow nowadays (almost 2 and a half years since my tear) 300lbs feel like 400lbs did back then. I repped 400lbs easily, now i still get nervous when going for 300lbs and shit.

Idk how to break through that plateu.
    Deadlifting ive always been good, max deadlift was around 551lbs, then i hurt myself here and there and back off a bit and shit..idk.
    I do think i can be a good deadlifter, if i fully concentrate on it.

My numbers are nothing in the powerlifting world but still id like them higher.
    Same year i tore my quad, i also tore my chest witg a still visible small hole..i benched almost 400lbs back then, nowadays im stuck at around 308lbs.

I do know i can but its alot in my head.
    I feel a pinch here a pinch there and back off a bit, pumping like a bodybuilder because that shit doesnt tear my muscles..without those injuries i bet 100% id bench more than 440lbs now.
    2 and a half years to add 40lbs to bench.

I know i got it in me still