Attention Guest: Please make sure that you are using a unique password to login to MESO. If you have used your MESO password on another website, change it immediately. You should NEVER share the same login credentials on multiple websites.

Cool old cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Logan44551, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Getting gifted a 61 bug eyed sprite from my aunt. I have literally been asking her for this ride since I was like 5 years old. I can by the other day and she was like I think it's time I gave you the sprite. I was flabbergasted I always knew I'd end up with it but figured it would be after she passed. I got mixed emotions about it but am mostly excited. Things is bad ass, just took it for a drive earlier, it is a fun Sunday cruiser. IMG_20190824_141413.jpg

2. DocGreen

DocGreen Member

Damn that’s a sweet ride

Logan44551 likes this.
  3. rubisean

rubisean Member

Man that is awesome

Logan44551 likes this.
  4. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Nice car. Looks like a good candidate for an LS swap.

5. JP1979

JP1979 Member

Rad

Logan44551 likes this.
  6. johntt44

johntt44 Member

My grandparents had a 63 Ford Thunderbird coupe in their garage when I was in highschool(1986). It was Maroon with a 390, hood scoop, and a tilt, push away steering wheel. They had it since new. God, I wanted that thing.
    I had a friend(same time 1986) with a restored 71 or 72 Mach 1? Mustang with a 428 cobra jet motor. He traded it for a 1983 Porsche 914! What an idiot! I told him that it was a fucking food stamp Porsche. You're a lucky mfer, enjoy it!

Logan44551 likes this.
  7. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

It's got the 1260? midget motor in it already. An ls would be insane In that thing it is light as fuck

8. Artifex

Artifex Member

Looks amazing. .. would be a fantastic Sunday ride with

9. iceman440

iceman440 Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

So when is the 5.3 going in :D

Logan44551 and Perrin Aybara like this.
  10. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

This, but needs a turbo.

11. iceman440

Absolutely, he’s not a savage!

Maybe e85 and a small nitrous kit as well. For educational purposes obviously

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  12. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Probably gonna need mini tubbed, too.

13. iceman440

For safety reasons absolutely. Good looking out for him

Meth to keep the temps down, don’t want him to cook that paint job

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  14. Just now saw this Logan , very cool . I love them older sports cars . Especially the English cars ....:rolleyes:

Logan44551 likes this.
  15. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Thanks OGH. I'm pretty stoked. It's pretty much fully restored already. I feel like I need to get one that needs a bunch of work and restore it now.

Oregongearhead likes this.
  16. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

Looking to buy either a 65 or 66 Thunderbird. I prefer a 66 but I’ll take a 65. Not looking to put a ton into it for restoration and not looking to spend a lot buying it. I know - we’re talking about a classic here, but believe it or not, I know a guy selling a 65 in really good shape for $3500.

17. I did that with the old Datsun Z-cars . Once I bought a "77 280z that was in perfect condition I looked around for a project car . I then restored a "75 260z and another 280z . Now Im restoring Camaro"s .

18. T-Bagger

T-Bagger Member

What year?

Oregongearhead likes this.
  19. 4th Generation . 1999 Camaro SS

003.jpg

T-Bagger likes this.
  20. Oj Da Juice Mane

Oj Da Juice Mane Junior Member

Ls swap everything IMO

Perrin Aybara and Oregongearhead like this.