Cowboys Log

Discussion in 'Steroid Cycle Log' started by Btcowboy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Ok I have been debating doing a log or not. I am miles behind a bunch on here, but you got to start somewhere.
    Quick stats and background (posted in other threads)
    198 lbs
    5'10"
    BF 13.8 calipers last checked in May at 186lbs. I carry my fat in the belly and chest.
    Training 20 yrs ago was solid for 4 years then stopped and got fat. 3 years ago weighed in at 320lbs. Had enough of that shit and got my ass back in gear. Been back at weight training the last 2+ years solid. Currently on Layne Nortons PHAT program. Started 10 weeks ago went from 186 to 198 natty in that time. Dont think it was 100% clean weight but who knows I did eat pretty clean except my vacation. I am going to continue this program for the next 15 weeks on cycle.

Blood work done 10 weeks or so ago.
    Test 14.3 nmol/L
    Free Test 175 pmol/L
    Bio Avail Test 4.1 nmol/L
    E2 less than 40 pmol/L
    Wellness Doc put me on 2000iu hcg/wk and 60mg Ralox/day. Just ran out of hcg but still on Ralox. Haven't gotten new bloods since. Will be looking for a way to get bloods in Canada with out it showing on my permanent record. The wellness docs does show on perm record. I've heard about a saliva test that's anonymous but question the validity of the results. Any other ideas or options you know of in Canada please pm me.

Nutrition currently in a nutshell consists of yams, spinach, broccoli, eye of round steak, tomato and protein bread, skim milk, almond butter, olive oil, apple cider vinegar.Gets me roughly 3200 cals, 300 carb, 300 prot, 80 fat.
    Most carbs are breakfast, pre, intra and post work out.

Supps are multi vitamin, EAA, BCAA, Protein powder, Carbion, creatine mono,

Cycle is 250mg Test C 2x/week
    I have adex if needed
    Ralox if needed
    nolva if needed as I plan to cruise after blast. But want on hand if I have to come off for any reason.
    Hcg if needed.

I know my weak points and the worst is my chest. Two reasons for this, work out alone so no spotter and this holds me back, and shoulder pain at times. These will be worked and improved upon. I have before pics and measurements but wont be posting lol. I will try to keep up with the log like others have. If I am happy with the results I will at the end of cycle post before and after pics.

I plan to cruise on 100mg 2x/wk after my blast. It may be only the one blast or may be 1 per year unsure at this point

Anyways here goes, wish me luck and hoping for some constructive and positive feedback.

Cheers
    Cowboy

2. I like the way you have things set up. I ran the PHAT Program last year and it was awesome and yielded great results IMO one of the best programs I’ve ran to date in terms of accomplishing strength. Will be following along. Grind it out! Keep it simple ! Better now than never!

Btcowboy likes this.
  3. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Following

Btcowboy likes this.
  4. G-Research

G-Research Junior Member

Good plan brother I will be following!

Btcowboy likes this.
  5. Subbed Good luck cowboy

Btcowboy likes this.
  6. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks all I hope my first cycle lives up to the hype. Just took my first 250mg Test Cyp. Went in fine no issues this far. Quite a difference from a 30g with my hcg to a 25g for my oil.

I start my week on Sundays so today was upper body hypertrophy. I also wont include warm up sets only working sets.

Bent over barbell rows
    5x205
    5x205
    5x205
    5x205
    5x205
    10x185

Wide grip Pull Downs
    12x50
    12x50
    12x50

Seated cable row
    12x70
    12x70
    12x70

Dumbbell rows
    15x70
    14x70

Close grip pull downs
    18x50
    20x45

Smith machine seated shoulder press
    12x70
    10x70
    9x70

Upright rows
    15x50
    15x50

Side lateral raises
    20x15
    17x15
    17x15

Rear raises
    20x15
    17x15

Facepulls
    I do pyramid up and down
    12x40 then 12x50 then 8x60 then 10x50 then 10x40

Smith machine shrugs
    13x110
    12x110
    11x110

Then some ab work

Had a shitty day at work left late, gym was packed so wasn't sure how the workout was going to go. All in all a good workout. Sure felt better getting in the gym and lifting.

7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

A little pip from my first pin but nothing overly bad.

Lower body Hypertrophy day

Squats
    12x180
    12x180
    12x180 then realized I am only supposed to be doing 3-5 lol
    5x180
    5x180
    5x180

Hack squats
    12x180
    12x180
    11x180

Leg press
    15x360
    15x360

Leg extensions
    20x130
    15x130
    17x100

Stiff leg deadlifts
    12x165
    12x165
    10x165

Lying leg curls
    14x125
    15x110

Standing single leg curls
    15x60
    20x50

Standing calf raise
    15x230
    15x230
    15x230
    15x230

Was supposed to do seated but it was taken. So thought to finish go back to standing and do a drop set
    15x230 then 10x190 then 8x150 then 8x110

And some more ab work, I try to do a little ab work every on day.

8. Looks like if you were hitting 180 for 12 reps you could have significantly added some weight to hit in between the 3-5 range. Which I would assume two plates on the hack squats moved pretty smoothly as well. Are you purposely aiming for higher reps for everything? I remember when I ran the program the rep scheme was a bit different than what you have laid out. Now I may be mistaken idk if you did your own tweaks or specific set up. Just from observation I think your a lot stronger than your giving yourself credit for.

Btcowboy and Morefyah like this.
  9. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I
    Thanks, I am or was pretty sure I am following the reps schemes. Maybe I am not I found a PHAT spreadsheet online that had the rep ranges. The higher rep ranges were in that spreadsheet except they have first exercise at 3 for 6 sets which I find too low for hypertrophy days. The only changes I have made to the program was to add in some exercises on parts missed, rear delts for example. I am working this weekend and our system is down so I will have some time to tweak it more and make sure I get it dialed in better. Thanks for the complimemt too, let's see what I can do pushing the weight higher. Back and Legs no issue I do know chest is my weak spot.

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  10. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Haha couldn't let it wait until tomorrow lol. The spread sheet is wrong and I knew it but didn't fix it until now. Thanks @FourOneDeuxFitt for questioning my rep scheme as I now know it was wrong. Even though it felt wrong I assumed it was part of the program. Choosing to do this log has paid off already just on this alone.

11. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I was looking at Layne's PH3 program this morning and it looks to be very chest focused, 4 days out of 5. My chest being the weakest point maybe a better option idk? Or just stay the course on PHAT for my 15 week blast and then see where that gets me and look at another program for my cruise/cut in December. Anyways fixed the rep scheme going forward.

12. If you want to focus more on a lagging part and that program emphasizes it why not hammer it while you have the AAS on your side? Save the PHAT program for your cruise cut. I believe as with most programs depending on your diet you can bulk or cut on anything.

Btcowboy likes this.
  13. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Took a better look at PH3 and I like PHAT better.

Today was chest and arms hypertrophy. As mentioned my week link is my chest.

Flat barbell press
    8x135
    8x145
    6x145
    8x135

Incline dumbbell press
    12x40
    8x45
    8x45

Hammer strength press
    15x30
    15x35
    15x40

High cable crossovers
    15x20
    15x20

Low cable crossover
    12x20
    15x15

Clambered bar preacher curls
    12x70
    12x70
    12x70

Dumbbell concentration curls
    15x15
    15x17.5

Spider curls
    16x15 sloppy
    20x12.5

Pinwheel curls
    9x25
    10x25

Seated tricep cambered bar extension
    12x60
    15x60
    15x60 could have gone to 70's but in use by others

Cable rope pull downs
    13x47.5
    12x47.5

Rope overhead extensions
    20x32.5
    20x32.5

Finished with some more ab work.

Tomorrow is a rest day and my second pin.

Jackreature and FourOneDeuxFitt like this.
  14. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

It's a rest day for me as far as the gym goes. I wanted to do a walk tonight but the smoke from the forest fires too thick and I dont want to breathe in anymore than I have to of it.

Second pin in, and as it was a rest day cut the carbs some.

Back at er tomorrow

15. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Upper Body Power day.

As I want to emphasize chest I am putting chest first on this day.

Barbell bench press
    5x155
    4x165
    3x165 no spotter so dont like getting too close to failure. This is my sticking point.

Weighted dips
    10xBW
    10xBW plus 10lbs

Bent over BB rows
    5x225
    5x225
    5x235

Pull ups
    Assisted 7xBW minus 10lbs
    Unassisted 4xBW wanted to get unassisted BW in there, happy with 4 today.

Supinated close grip pull downs
    10x70
    7x80
    Rack says stack label for each pulley. So not sure if above is 70 and 80 or 140 and 160 lol.

Seated smith machine shoulder press
    6x80
    5x90
    5x100

Cambered bar curls
    10x80
    6x90
    6x90

Skull crushers
    10x70
    10x80
    10x80

Skull crushers worry me some, the stretch I get in the chest. I have torn my intercostal muscles on skull crushers before. Plus the side I tear, I had flail chest from 4 broken ribs from a car accident 5 years back so that may be why intercostals weak on that side.

Anyways didn't want to leave the gym tonight so added some shrugs and facepulls as well as ab work...

16. Definitely substitute for Skullcrushers man. Your options are endless. Seated overhead rope extensions and lying on an dincline bench and one arm at a time just doing L extensions. Find whatever is comfortable for you man. As you continue to strengthen your body hopefully that was strengthen as well. Can always try them again down the road or write them off. Don’t put yourself in a uncomfortable position or one where you feel kore prominent to obtain an injury from. Get creative. That’s the great thing about this program you can literally use whatever Exercises suit your nd there’s many exercises that work the Tricep from a stretched position.

Jackreature, Sparkyp and Btcowboy like this.
  17. G-Research

G-Research Junior Member

Skullcrushers ruin my elbows, always sub those out if you can in my opinion.

Btcowboy likes this.
  18. Sparkyp

Sparkyp Member

i like doing incline dumbell skull crushers. anything with a bar kills my joints

Worf and Btcowboy like this.
  19. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I have done it on the incline as well and find it much better on my chest. I will swap to that or 1 DB overhead press which I like

20. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Some good options there thanks