Custom belts

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by insaiyan93, Sep 20, 2018.

1. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Well howdy there gang? How's it goin?

Alright, enough small talk!

Customized powerlifting belts, whats a good quality brand? Looking into pioneer, seems like some high profile powerlifters wear them but has anyone here used them?

I just bought a new inzer forever belt for myself, just simple black cuz I don't care.

My girlfriend is using my old belt, but I want to get her a customized one that is actually sized for her, her birthday is coming up soon and I think she would really dig a nice new belt made special just for her.

Any thoughts?

2. fodsod

fodsod Member

Where ever you buy order as soon as you can. In my experience, all of the big players in the belt industry take forever to do a custom.

I wear a Inzer forever myself, the bodybuilding version and I'm pretty sure it will actually last forever.

insaiyan93 likes this.
  3. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Yeah her bday is about a month out and the place I'm looking at says 4-6 weeks.

So I will get her something else small for her birthday birthday and this will end up being a late gift.

fodsod likes this.
  4. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

I just got an inzer forever belt for myself, 13mm 4 inch powerlifting one, thing is crazy heavy duty, especially compared to my old 10mm one lol

fodsod likes this.
  5. fodsod

fodsod Member

Inzer makes solid stuff for sure. You'll be lucky to get it in 6 weeks. Every one I've ever known that did a custom was told 4-6 weeks and it ended up being closer to 10 weeks. Maybe you'll get luck and catch them in a slow time.

6. Dw725

Dw725 Member

My gf has a pioneer and I have an inzer, simply bc when I bought my belt it had to be on the list of approved gear for PL .

The pioneer is a great belt and the customization options are endless. For a custom belt I wouldn't go anywhere else.

insaiyan93 likes this.
  7. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Well then it will have to be a Christmas gift lol but yeah if it takes longer it'll be ok, she has one to use in the meantime, and she isn't expecting a new belt so it will be a nice surprise either way haha

fodsod likes this.
  8. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Nice. Are the pioneers not approved for certain feds?

9. Dw725

Dw725 Member

I think ipf and usapl don't approve them, but at local meets I doubt anyone will harass you.

insaiyan93 likes this.
  10. insaiyan93

insaiyan93 Member

Eh well she isn't competing yet anyways, so we will cross that bridge if/when it comes to it.

Dw725 likes this.
  11. Brolloks

Brolloks Member

It's not about getting approval - you simply have to pay an exorbitant amount of money to the IPF, which Pioneer isn't prepared to do.

Best Belts - Powerlifting and Weight Lifting Belts > Home is another great option for custom-made belts.

12. Dw725

Dw725 Member

Oh I know the reasoning, still doesn't change the fact that an asshole judge at a meet can say your equipment isn't approved. It's all ridiculous, really. Like two belts with the same dimensions but made by diff manufacturer makes any difference.

I've never seen anyone get harassed about unapproved equipment personally. But I wouldn't take a chance when I'm dropping 150+ on a custom belt.