Darkweb Wallstreet Market Busted

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by mr_meanor, May 3, 2019.

1. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Whoever bought gear or other contraband from that site better clean house as it appears authorities will also be going after buyers too. Not just gear but dangerous drugs and even weapons were sold there.

3. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Says the guy that doesnt pay for gear.

Seven likes this.
  4. MindlessWork

Come on now I actually DID pay for gear and ancillaries recently.

5. Burrr

Burrr Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Its a trip just what kind of stuff they sell on those deep web markets. hard drugs shipped to you like we get testosterone, and probably way more secure than most of our purchases.

T-Bagger likes this.
  6. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

It's actually gonna be alot harder than that if at all possible go after buyers I think. All address information was exchanged with PGP encryption that only the end user can unlock with a key. The markets database will just show the encrypted messages. Of coarse it is an option to send regular unencrypted messages but most vendors would not accept them, for the very reason that if the markets was ever compromised just like this. Now it is possible that they could back trace Bitcoin transactions to buyers that send straight from coinbase or other companies that will cooperate if asked, but that would be a lot of transactions to trace, it was a huge volume worldwide market pushing tons of heroin coke and meth, bet the juice heads can rest easy.

7. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

In that sort of bust i doubt the intent is the tiny or even mid sized buyers. Sellers and major buyers. They’re not going to trace millions of tiny transactions across international borders unless they’re relevant to national security or the like.

MindlessWork and mr_meanor like this.
  8. MindlessWork

You may well be right but in the end that site got shut down. The sources that sold on there might have their own records which could be seized as evidence in some cases.

9. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

Agreed.

10. Burrr

but those sources are also not directly connected the the market. The market does not have info on the sellers or the buyers... just a list of btc transactions

mr_meanor likes this.
  11. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

Yeah but darkweb security is way tighter and much more advanced than what we use around here, I feel 100x more safe using a darkweb market than even a private source.

Millard Baker and Burrr like this.
  12. Burrr

one thing the steroid scene has in common with the dark net markets is the exit scam, they do it on a grand scale

MindlessWork likes this.
  13. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

I won't get my gh on there but u can get some of the same gear on there that you can around here.

14. mp46

mp46 Member

I love when they announce how much cash was seized, knowing full well there's some unaccounted for.

mr_meanor likes this.
  15. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

3 days ago Wallstreet market was holding almost 30million in bitcoin and monero in escrow. The vendors where throwing a fit saying they couldn't get their money. Then a few days later the feds run in and announce they seize 600k from the 2nd largest darkweb market. Seriously, do a Google search about Wallstreet market and compare the articles from a few days ago. There is like 29.4 million unaccounted for that they are claiming the suspects exit scammed with. But they have the suspects... And 600k?

T-Bagger and Mac11wildcat like this.
  16. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

This have anything to do with the steady BTC climb this week..?

17. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

You know I had not considered that but it could be coorelated. Since then price of btc is just determined by supply and demand and 30million less was sold back for cash last week, so yeah possibly a factor. I have been using Bitcoin since early 2016 and made a shit load of money on it in 2017 and lost a good chunk of it back last year in the crash. There is only one thing I know for sure when it come to Bitcoin, as soon as everyone thinks it's gonna make a major move, it almost always does the opposite.

Burrr and Mac11wildcat like this.
  18. mp46

mp46 Member

I don’t know what to do with BTC. I’ve gotten luck sometimes and left some in a wallet and it goes up 30% then crashes.

19. Burrr

30 million in btc gone missing....
    I bet somebody snatched it up.
    I wonder what market will be the next big player

mr_meanor and Mac11wildcat like this.
  20. mr_meanor

mr_meanor Member

Most vendors where already migrating to the new silkroad and empire. Nobody had been able to withdraw funds from sales for a few weeks.