DC Training

Discussion in 'Training Forum' started by CAswole, Aug 19, 2018.

1. CAswole

CAswole Member

Hey meso dudes, thought I would make a thread to discuss this method of training. I was turned on to it not that long ago by my man @Wunderpus. I have to say it is by far and away the most intense and enjoyable method of training I have used in recent years. Up until now I have been stuck in a quasi powerlifting / bro training split. Nothing wrong with this as I've always made good strength and mass gains, however as of late I've been getting pretty bored with the whole thing. DC training was suggested to me in part because I have limited time to train. Usually I can only get in the gym 3 days and just to try something new. I've heard this method discussed briefly here a couple of times. there are a few that love it, and a few that have bashed it saying that it is not enough. For those that say it is not enough, I am going to say that you have never tried it. After today's workout I busted out and aerobic mat and laid on the floor in an effort to not vomit after a high rep set of dumbbell rows. LOL with that I'll leave the thread open for discussion for those that have tried it or are interested

Oldschool and FourOneDeuxFitt like this.
  2. I’ve honestly been pretty interested in this style of training. I wouldn’t mind seeing how Meso members have laid out the style of training (split/format/diet/exercise selection/deload periods).

Wouldn’t mind giving it a go once I pack more muscle on.

Wunderpus and CAswole like this.
  3. CAswole

CAswole Member

I am doing it just as I have seen it laid out by the guy who invented it. It says don't fuck with the routine, so I'm not. As for exercise selection it's really just a collection of the compound basics. 3 days a week.
    Workout A:
    Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, back width, back thickness .
    Workout B:
    Biceps, forearms , hamstrings, quads and calves

One exercise for each body part. You do your warm-up sets however many that is depending on how strong you are then you go into your working set which is actually divided into three sets. Each set taken to total failure. These rest between these three working sets is approximately 10 to 15 extremely deep breaths. You should be hitting about 15 reps for the three sets for the heavier compound movements and approximately 20 to 30 Reps for the smaller exercises for say biceps and triceps. Typically for the larger heavier movements my rep ranges look like 14, 6, 3. If you can't get at least 11 repetitions between the three sets than the weight is too heavy. There are also stretching exercises in between body parts and they feel awesome

Wunderpus and FourOneDeuxFitt like this.
  4. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

Best place to learn about dc is on intensemuscle. The original home of dc training. Or you can hire dusty hanshaw. The official dc trainer ;)

FourOneDeuxFitt and CAswole like this.
  5. I would be interested in watching you progress through it. You have a log or any intentions of one in the near future ?

CAswole likes this.
  6. Follow him on instagram he has some intense workouts. Always heavy as fu*k !

CAswole and Xlgx like this.
  7. Xlgx

Xlgx Member

One of my favs. True grinder. Lacks the genetics but makes up for it with consistent. hard work

CAswole and FourOneDeuxFitt like this.
  8. Yeah if he had better genetics he would be on point. But like you said he works hella hard and it shows.

Xlgx likes this.
  9. CAswole

CAswole Member

Honestly I thought about it, but I'm just too f****** lazy. I've tried it before and I always wind up quitting doing a log. LOL

10. CAswole

CAswole Member

I will give updates, but not necessarily in a log form

11. I’m just honestly curious about exercise selection and how many feeder sets you do leading up to your working set. Also. I would assume doing say peck Deck Flyes would yield a higher rep range than the 1 working/cluster set for incline dumbbell Press or whatever..

12. CAswole

CAswole Member

It's the most bang for your buck exercises. Dumbbell press, military press, squats, t bar rows, rack pulls etc...peck deck didn't make the cut lol.

FourOneDeuxFitt likes this.
  13. DOMS4DAYS

DOMS4DAYS Member

You guys ever researched or tried Fortitude Training? Programming by Scott Stevenson. I’ve been using this training style for the past several months and love it. It’s got a DC kinda base. I’d like to run DC for a while in the future but I’m obsessed with Fortitude Training atm. I’ll probably throw a 12 week MD high frequency program in from time to time just to keep things interesting.

CAswole likes this.
  14. showstoppa

showstoppa Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Fortitude training is by Scott Stevenson who is the only other approved dc trainer besides dusty and daunte and inhuman. Last two months train anybody anymore.

As far as layout of the system, don't fuck with it. It's laid out perfect and you can't make it better. Same with diet.

To me it goes kind of like this on progression through systems

Greyskull or candito lp--->madcow or phat or dual factor or rpt--> 531 or DC training. Once you have pretty much the size you want -->fortitude training or Meadows.

Fortitude is a smart man's weigh to train once they have years under the bar.

As far as DC training goes, if you follow it to the T, you will not find a better system for adding mass period. At the very least read everything you can by daunte as he is the true OG and will make you a thinking bodybuilder which is needed now love than ever.

DOMS4DAYS and RAre like this.
  15. DOMS4DAYS

DOMS4DAYS Member

Thank you for the insight brother. I’ve gained quite a bit of size from MD and Fortitude training but makes me wonder if I’ve got the cart in front of the horse. Your perspective makes me want to take a step back and run DC training. I’m on a deload currently but hit it hard and heavy starting next week.

Xlgx and FourOneDeuxFitt like this.
  16. showstoppa

showstoppa Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

If it's working don't change. Fortitude and md are great for gaining size with a focus on Aesthetics. DC training along with Jordan Peter's styoe of training is more straight mass as fast as possible.

Fortitude is kind of a refined DC training to avoid injuries and help those with years under the bar. DC is all about helping those with a good strength base and muscle base achieve advanced status in both as quickly as possible. But like I said if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Now that's not to say you shouldn't run a couple rounds of DC Training either. It would prolly be good for you and the worst that could happen is you learn something. But don't feel like you must do it either.

Xlgx, DOMS4DAYS and CAswole like this.
  17. DOMS4DAYS

DOMS4DAYS Member

For sure. Thanks for your input! The cool thing is that I can convert from Fortitude to DC pretty easy using basically the same exercise selection and pattern! Just different set types on some exercises so will probably have adjust weight. I think I’m gonna go for it after this deload!