Deferred by RC for pulse rate!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MisterSuperGod, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Rant...

i'm always worried that when i go to donate blood that my bp or hemo will be too high and i'll get rejected.

Who'd a thunk my fucking pulse rate would be the ass biter this time? :mad:

My normal routine has been a cup of black coffee to start off the day lately. Never gave it a second thought. Oh well, try again Friday, without the eye opener.

End rant...

2. Eman

Eman Member

How high was your pulse?

3. Around 110. She gave me a couple minutes, which i used to do some deep, controlled breathing and she said the rate was HIGHER on the 2nd try! FML!

Just checked it a few minutes ago. Below 100. Damn it. :mad:

They should take into account that there's a certain level of anxiety when you know that your about to be poked with an 18 gauge harpoon. But nooooo. :D

MindlessWork likes this.
  4. Eman

Eman Member

Pretty high for a resting rate man, try to get that down. I was worried about mine in the upper 80's at rest.

5. Definitely going to get an uninfluenced baseline number when i wake up tomorrow. My resting hr is usually in the 80s.

6. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

How'd you feel with your pulse so high? I've had problems with that in the past and at 110 I'd feel extremely unwell. Anxiety, shortness of breath, and nausea when it got that high.

7. Felt a little anxious, but that cleared once i got home. The combo of the black coffee and over thinking it did me in, i believe.

Perrin Aybara likes this.
  8. Perrin Aybara

Perrin Aybara Member

Once you're made aware of it it's over with. Runaway train at that point.

MindlessWork and MisterSuperGod like this.
  9. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Oh yes my own pulse rate was like a runaway train while I was on cycle and enough to freak my doc out :eek:

Perrin Aybara and MisterSuperGod like this.
  10. Need to hit some more cardio. I like my resting hr in the 60s. Unless I slammed a huge meal and energy drink then maybe 70s

MisterSuperGod and MindlessWork like this.
  11. x11

x11 Member

Was nurse hot?

12. Not even close. :eek:

i'm trying again tomorrow. No morning eye opener this time around. Just water and a can do attitude. :D

13. x11

x11 Member

Just think about the sun setting over a calm ocean instead of teddies and you will be fine.

MisterSuperGod likes this.
  14. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Update!

15. Brandaddy

Brandaddy Member

I typically drink about a pot of coffee a day.. Even on cycle my resting pulse never gets over 80, and my systolic BP never goes over 140 and diastolic always stays at about 70 regardless of on or off.

If you're at 110 after just one cup. If I was you, I would be concerned..

MisterSuperGod and Rockclimber like this.
  16. No updates yet. Technically, todays blood drive hasn't even started. :)

Well, i wasn't concerned, until now. Yeesh, thanks. :D

i'm attributing the spike in pulse rate to the coffee because it's the only variable i've changed since the last few donations, all of which went fine.

i was feeling a little anxious too. Not even sure why. Woke up that day feeling "off". Not sick, but not vibrant either.

17. No update today. Got called into work. It's funny, when the boss calls and asks if you can come in, you know deep down they aren't asking. o_O:D

18. rugerjitsu

rugerjitsu Member

Soooo true. I’m pulling for you man, you’ll dump that blood soon!

MisterSuperGod likes this.