Deltoid adhesions

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by RomanMVP, Feb 18, 2019.

1. RomanMVP

RomanMVP Member

I'll try the "big" forum for this question, tried one of the other less traveled forums, and only received one response (thanks Evom 1). Anyone here have muscle adhesions worked on by a massage therapist, or an ART certified therapist? I think I have some good sized ones, like cables in my delts, keeps me from free wt. benching, etc.

2. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Yup. Last year I was getting soft tissue work 2x a month and the difference in my training and my physique was drastic.

About to hop on 1 trip per month each to my chiro/mobility guy and a deep massage therapist.

XmadXscientist likes this.
  3. RomanMVP

RomanMVP Member

Thanks. I'm set up to go in next week for deep tissue work. Hope it helps.

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  4. Mac11wildcat

Mac11wildcat Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Be honest with the therapist. It takes some weight and levarge to work muscle on bigger people. They’re used to the average human/recreational athlete.

Monstar likes this.
  5. RomanMVP

RomanMVP Member

Good point. I know if I really dig in there I can literally feel large cables, that's why I'm having a male therapist go after it. Not to say there aren't women who can do the job, I just think a male's strength will be better to get it done. He comes highly recommended

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  6. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

My massage therapist is a physique competitor. She's awesome. Very strong. I had to get her to go as hard as I like it but I always have to do that with new people. She's been my go-to for over a couple of years now. With certain unusual old injuries I have like where my lower leg was pretty much blown off and reattached with hardware and a cadaver bone I get really bad adhesions. It makes a world of difference when I have her break them down.
    Same with where I broke some vertebrae. She gives me more relief than any painkillers. I love a good chiropractor but if I had to choose I'd choose her any day. My leg and back hurt 100 percent of the time except for after she works on me. I try to get in twice a month but I have to schedule way ahead because she stays booked up.

7. tengtren

tengtren Member

For a while I was going every week for deep tissue, told her my sites or if I had any knots from injections. It's pretty expensive to go so frequent but I think as much as you can afford is great

8. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

Absolutely. And my insurance covers 24 massages a year as long as they are done at the chiropractor and he or she signs off on the therapy.

RomanMVP likes this.
  9. tengtren

tengtren Member

That is awesome !

10. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

You considered ultrasound therapy to break it up? Combine that with deep tissue and u can't go wrong

11. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

I take it that you have had the ultrasound therapy I don't know much about it. Please share your thoughts. There's a lot more BS therapeutic products and services out there than effective ones. I've seen infrared,laser, etc. I tried the infrared machine that a friend had paid a lot of money for and it was bogus. I didn't get any effect from it after trying it on several different areas.

12. Monstar

Monstar Member

This girl I use puts her elbows into me and her feet on the wall. She's one of the most important people in my life. I'm being a bit facetious but it's close to the truth!

Mac11wildcat likes this.
  13. RomanMVP

RomanMVP Member

Wow! Nice insurance.

14. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yea, on a few occasions. Most chiropractors use it, physical therapist, or of u have enough $$$ you can buy an at home one. It definitely works, may take time and several sessions depending on how bad the tissue is, but it works. Over time they'll go down, I used to have a bad knot on my left deltoid and it took about a year to go away. I no longer shoot delts much, I started thinking of how many times I used to go in them and I want to avoid any knotted up areas

RomanMVP likes this.
  15. RomanMVP

RomanMVP Member

Never thought of this, could explain a lot, as I use my delts as an injection site a lot.

16. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Yep, get away from the delts for awhile. Try the lats, I know it sounds fucked up but lat shots are easy and often times handle PIP much better than other areas

Oldschool likes this.
  17. RomanMVP

RomanMVP Member

Have never done the lats, Ok will try later today, thanks

18. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

In your experience where is the best place to pin lats?

19. Demondosage

Demondosage Member

Ok, so on lat shots I pretty much stay about 3" under the armpit and go anywhere along the lat as long as it's 3" under the armpit, a little difficult to reach but I can do it, u may need to use a different finger to push plunger. Just try it

Oldschool likes this.
  20. Oldschool

Oldschool Member

Thanks Demon.