Denied by MC & VISA

Discussion in 'Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency' started by Slab, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Slab

Slab Member

So,

Mastercard and Visa no longer allow to buy bitcoin.
    All I can find is Virwox

Is this even trust worthy?
    Bitcoin sucks
    last time I purchased for an order, it dropped $30 over a day of finally making an order
    had to keep adding money

Now it just got harder for me
    There is no ATM available for me to purchase Bitcoin anywhere

Whats my options?
    I'm not finding much online

Thanks

2. MindlessWork

MindlessWork Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

You should be able to use a debit card as it's CREDIT cards that are being blocked, but some banks might even block debit card purchases of bitcoin as well. As long as you have the cash in your bank account you should be able to purchase Bitcoin with a debit card. It might be possible to use e-check but that takes longer as it takes several days for the direct transfer from your bank to clear.

Slab likes this.
  3. Alot of sources accept other forms of crypto. Not sure if the same rules apply to these other forms too, but it's worth looking into.

4. midland2009

midland2009 Member

Buy litecoin. Cheaper transaction/transfer fees. (Usually less than a dollar). I usually only buy $5 over to cover any fees. (To send to external wallet and then to send to source)

5. Naxxamus

Naxxamus Junior Member

New to cryptocurrency, what's the "external wallet"? Do you use this in conjunction with an app like "litecoin"? And if so, can you recommend a good external wallet that works well with litecoin or jaxx?
    Thanks