DHEA conversion to Estrogen

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by timemaster, Dec 28, 2010.

timemaster Junior Member

Has anyone experienced or read research that 50 mgs of DHEA can convert to a lot of Estrogen? I have read that the body will use it as it needs. I have been taking 50 mgs and my Dhea levels are good but worried that there may be a lot of conversion to Estrogen.

gdevine Junior Member

I've never heard that before. My HRT MD has me on DHEA cream as well as TRT and hcg and of course and AI. Like I said, I've never heard that before but like all things with this medicine someone will probably say otherwise. If you're worried make sure you get 90mg of Zinc daily.

hammer12 Junior Member

my dhea levels were very low and i supplemented with dhea 50mg tabs, it increased my dhea levels but greatly increased my E2 levels. Now im trying pregnenolone to raise my dhea levels without raising E2 levels. so far i have good energy increases from transdermal preg but havent had a blood test yet to see if its effected both dhea or E2
    Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

gdevine Junior Member

Thanks Doc! This was a great read for a newbie. My take on it all is that DHEA conversion to E1 or E2 is not likely which is what I think we were seeking an answer to. There are conflicting studies for sure but I can tell you from my own panels that my DHEA-S level is 382.1 (44.3 - 331) and my igf-1 296.0 (87 - 238). My HRT MD loved my IGF-1 score and said that the DHEA-S was fine and nothing to worry about at all. I take 50 mg of DHEA before bed. Oh yea, my E2 is 29.1 (7.6 - 42.6).

Nuff said:)

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.