Did I injure myself?

Discussion in 'Powerlifting Forum' started by nervje, Mar 1, 2018.

1. nervje

nervje Member

So yesterday I had a deadlift training
    (Deadlifts, shrugs, upright rows)
    And to finish off i did weighted hyperextensions.
    My hamstrings were fully stretched and i felt a lot of pressure on them but didnt really feel any pain during my set. When the set was done I got up and immediately felt a sharp pain in my left hamstring, especially when having my leg stretched. I was going to the toilet (walking no problem, sitting down no real problem) and still had the pain there when stretching.
    At home it kind of stopped, now i just have a dull feeling in my hamstring but no real pain when i stretch the leg (altough i dont try to fully stretch it)
    What can this possibly be? Minor tear? Tear?
    Im on test 250mg and i take voltaren for my tendons, could this have make me not recognise a tear during the set?

2. nervje

nervje Member

the pain is at the marked area

Attached Files:

3. x11

x11 Member

The only hamstring injuries I have seen are catastrophic. So hopefully might be minor.

4. nervje

nervje Member

Thats the problem
    I sit at my desk job atm and feel a little pinching down there
    When i flex no pain at all
    And i dont know but a catastrophic injury (tear) without feeling it tear?
    I had my chest and quads tear and i definately felt that ripping.
    Yesterday nothing of that kind.
    The muscle feels ultra tight now but if its torn i dont wanna risk tearing it more by massaging it..wtf am i gonna do

5. x11

x11 Member

Rest, ice, low energy mobility eg walks.

Catastrophic means you would be on the ground screaming until medics sedate you.

Listen to your body, go see a professional health worker.

6. ickyrica

ickyrica Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Sounds like a minor muscle strain. No popping sounds or feeling of something letting go like you said seems like a good indication it's nothing serious, not to say it wouldn't turn into something serious if you don't let it heal. You are familiar with how that goes! Any bruising?

RandallNowan likes this.
  7. nervje

nervje Member

No bruising so far
    But at desk job atm, constant pinching feeling
    Also when i press it it hurts a little
    But walking stairs etc doesnt hurt at all really

ickyrica likes this.
  8. ickyrica

That's a good thing obviously, the lack of bruising. Take it easy for a little bit. Light stretching and monitor it over the next few days/week. My unprofessional opinion would be a simple strain. Sounds like you hit it pretty hard in the gym and it got the best of you this time, next time don't be so beastly!

9. ickyrica

Btw, how did the quad tear feel?

10. nervje

nervje Member

Well it happened during a squat and basically i was all the way down and shot back up and on my way up i felt the vibrating rupture thing in my quad.
    No one heard it and i had headphones in but in your head you feel it and you kinda..hear the ripping in your head.
    Luckily i had those safety bars so i could let nyself fall down instead of havingg to finish the movement.
    I had to keep my leg straight, as soon as i bend and stretched the quad i felt the pain.
    Weirdly i had no bruising either..
    Chest tear felt the same. Ripping during bench, no bruises, chest espevially only hurt on the same day. No pain after whatsoever. But i have a visible hole on that spot in mmy chest since it happened.

ickyrica likes this.
  11. ickyrica

Damn. Getting hurt sucks. Thanks for sharing that, I've wondered how a quad tear would feel

12. x11

x11 Member

I always wondered what having a baby must feel like on the pain scale.

13. nervje

nervje Member

Well the emotional pain of tearing a muscle is much much worse than knowing ull have to pay child support the next 18 years

Spooby and theprodgicalson like this.
  14. x11

x11 Member

Yeah can't be that bad giving childbirth, happens like millions of times every day.

15. Ironlyfe80

Ironlyfe80 Member

Sounds like a light strain. Just don't push it for a few weeks. I would still do light hammy work though.

ickyrica and theprodgicalson like this.
  16. i agree with this. Most likely a light strain if youre still able to do all the things you discribed.

i would personnally do either of these. i prefer to do them single leg though. Provided you have access to some bands. high reps slow controlled eccentric and concentric forcing as much blood into the muscle as possible.

i do the seated variation rather than the lying curl

ickyrica and Ironlyfe80 like this.
  17. nervje

nervje Member

Thanks for the tip
    I wanted to do these exercises coming wednesday, but today i went for an ab training.
    After the abs i decided to have a go at the stairmaster for 10 minutes at low speed and worked up to normal walking speed.
    After this I went onto the stationary bike and also started from verx low resistance up to a little bit.
    No pain or discomfort during those exercises, but when i got home i bent down and felt the sharp pain again. Before i was in the gym i didnt feel it anymore.
    What couldve caused this? The stairmaster/cycling was totally painless and i was focusing on the hamstring usage and feel..a few hours later i still have this burning/pinching in the hamstring (inner leg part, not central)

18. spiffy0

spiffy0 Member

Lmao. Jesus dude. How do you hurt yourself so much? You taking a lot of stims and getting a little too crazy or what?

19. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

This ain’t it!
    Lol, talk to me when you have kidney stones.

spiffy0 likes this.
  20. x11

x11 Member

Don't they have some super duper ultra sound that breaks up the kidney stones into small fragments these days?

OP go see a physical therapist, you may need a MRI.