Diet Critique

Discussion in 'Nutrition / Supplements Forum' started by Btcowboy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Just looking for some critique on my current meal plan. It's a bit of a mind fuck after dropping 135lbs eating lower calorie to increase my calories by so much. I have been eating this for a month now, and doing Layne Nortons PHAT program. A month back I was about 186lbs and 14-15% bf. Weighed in yesterday at 198lbs and have not done bf measurement.

Breakfast
    6oz ground Turkey
    1 cup quinoa

Meal 2
    6oz ground Turkey
    1 cup quinoa
    1.5 cups coleslaw
    1 tbsp dressing olive oil and ac

Morning snack
    1 cup 1% milk
    1 scoop protein powder

Lunch
    6oz ground Turkey
    2 slices whole wheat toast
    Tomatoes
    Half avocado

Second lunch
    6oz ground Turkey
    1 cup quinoa

Pre/intra workout
    BCAA, creatine, and pre workout

Post work out
    1 cup 1% milk
    1 scoop protein powder

Supper
    6oz ground Turkey
    1 cup quinoa
    1 and a half cup coleslaw
    1 tbsp dressing olive oil and ac

Before bed
    1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
    1 scoop protein powder
    Turns out like a cookie lol

3000 cals, 205 carb, 299 prot, 100 fat

Have my first cycle ready Test C but not starting until Aug.

Looking for thoughts and comments on meal plan. Any tweaks or changes you may see.

I know it's boring but I am ok with it. I eat a little different than this on my 4 days home but do my best to follow.

2. Savagesteve

Savagesteve Member

Looks good to me although the same shit over and over gets old. I throw salmon, lean ground beef, and occasionally pork chops into mine.

DrankSlangin, picholas and Btcowboy like this.
  3. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Thanks and I agree on the same old same old. I eat that exclusive on my 9 days away at work. My 5 days at home the missus won't eat like I do so I eat more beef, fish and some cheats while home.

Thanks for the feedback just trying to make sure on the right path.

4. picholas

picholas Member

Mash up half that avocado, add a tablespoon of lemon juice, teaspoon of garlic powder, and two cans of tuna.

Delicious.

DrankSlangin and Btcowboy like this.
  5. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Sounds good

6. picholas

picholas Member

Also you can make yourself egg whites with spinach and tomatoes and onions, and sparingly add cheese, nice omelette.

I do 5 whites and 2 whole eggs but you can go all whites if you're more cutting

7. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I would love to add in eggs but they seem to cause me gall bladder issues and I love eggs dammit

8. Rockclimber

Rockclimber Member

+1 on eggs and egg whites for breakfast. Also change your carbs out to oatmeal for breakfast, it's what most of us do.

Morefyah, DrankSlangin and Btcowboy like this.
  9. Savagesteve

Savagesteve Member

Didn’t even think about not seeing eggs on the list. Eggs and flavored oatmeal for the win. Don’t know if you’ve ever eaten plain oatmeal, but if not, I’ll save you from wasting money.:D

10. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

No beans, no oats, whole grains, seeds or yogurt? Oh and only 1tbls of PB. Smh!!
    Besides the 30oz of Turkey your a vegetarian.
    Welcome to the club. :p Srs you need to switch it up. I’m running a log right now and know your not a vegetarian but it might give you some ideas. I smash 2 whole eggs and 3/4 cup of whites every morning.

DrankSlangin likes this.
  11. DrankSlangin

DrankSlangin Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

It’s not a bad start and you’ve got some good suggestions. You need some fruit and vegetables in your diet as well. Add fruit to your whey protein immediately post workout. Banana or pineapple or whatever you like. Gotta get some vegetables mang. They are boring but you can dress em up. Easiest way is toss em raw in apple cider vinegar.

Morefyah and Savagesteve like this.
  12. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

Yeah I have had the plain that’s why I gave it up lol.... thought turkey and quinoa to replace it lol...

13. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

I will add some fruit post work out for sure. I am getting tomato and shredded cabbage and carrots 3 x a day.

14. Savagesteve

Savagesteve Member

I’ve ate some weird god awful shit in my life, but fuck plain oatmeal.

Btcowboy likes this.
  15. DrankSlangin

DrankSlangin Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Whatever you guys do, don’t do instant oatmeal. So much bad shit in there especially processed sugars. Get rolled oats, easy as fuck to prepare. Put oats in a glass, 1/2 scoop of your whey protein, 1/2 cup of blueberries, milk or almond milk, stir it up and enjoy. Don’t even bother cooking your oats. Straight into the glass and down the hatch.

Btcowboy likes this.
  16. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

W
    as adding yogurt to my shakes, nuts cause gallbladder issues like eggs, funny not PB. Do you have a link to your log?

Morefyah likes this.
  17. Btcowboy

Btcowboy Member

By the way your help is why Meso rocks

Morefyah likes this.
  18. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

Ok that makes sense, sorry about that.
    Yeah man I just try to utilize a variety of different foods to try and hit my desired macros. Morefyah : Low Dosing The Kitchen Sink Log

Btcowboy likes this.