DIM dosage confusion

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by drp90210, Dec 26, 2006.

drp90210 Junior Member

I've been reading a lot about DIM on this board, but I'm confused as to dosages. Some DIM products are 100% diindolylmethane (DIM), so whan one takes 120 milligrms of that, one gets 120 milligrams of DIM. But most products seem to combine DIM with a "delivery system" (which I have read is a bunch of hooey), and those delivery systems are usually only 25% DIM.

So I was wondering -- are the posts which refer to suggested milligrams per day (ranging from 60 to 120) referring to pure DIM, or to "cut" DIM, which only yields 1/4 pure DIM?

JustOne Junior Member

Where did you read its a bunch of huey? pmgamer says indoplex was the only DIM that worked for him and its a patented formula wich other companys are using.

Seeing as though you read 60-120mg as recomended dosage that would be 1/2-1 Indoplex tablet, so I would imagine they mean the indoplex formula not actual DIM.
    If your taking pure DIM it wont absorb properly so your gonna have a much higher recomended dosage, I dont recomend pure DIM.

Also my DIM arrived this morning 120mg Indoplex + 340mg calcium carbonate(34% DV).

JustOne Junior Member

eeso Junior Member

I tried the olympia brand DIM which is 50%+ cheaper than the cheapest indolplex available, and it worked just the same for me.

pmgamer18 Junior Member

This pissing contest have been played out here before about DIM. It's dam old all ready. If your using Bioavailable it should work my brands say Bioavailable. I have heard guys using plain DIM with Oil had good luck with it it does not get killed in the stomach.

drp90210 Junior Member

The link which suggests this is at:

But then the link within that link cited to support this claim says that bioavailable DIM is absorbed more efficiently:

Your chart also seems to suggest bioavailable is better.

DLMCBBB Junior Member

Have you ever tried making the *DIM* shakes by Nick Delgado?

pmgamer18 Junior Member

I read about but after trying a mess of junck I passed on this. Your not using this site the right way we post here to help guys like you not do the mistakes we did. I went around and around on this trying all kinds of junk. My Dr. mess around of almost a yrs. giving me crap like Evesta. Before I got him to give me arimidex. When I posted with a link and I am not a Rep. for Indolplex/DIM it's the only kind I used that worked. When you guys have a problem first do a search here and read past posts about this first before posting you will find ton's of posting on any subject. All I am doing is trying to tell men want works not what to do. In your case with very High E2 I would do what I ended up doing .5mgs of Arimidex everyday for 2 weeks or untill you get some dam good morning wood.

I could give you links until your blue in the face but if you go out and get the cheapest DIM all the posting we did was in vain.

masterpp Junior Member

phil- is the ritecare dim still the best

phil do you think the ritecare dim, by phyto-whats it called... is the most reliable brand. i live in the uk, so its a bit of a treck to get, and i dont know if they ship. but i know it worked for you, should i just go for it.

also how much do you do a day, and are the effects comparable to arimadex

pmgamer18 Junior Member

Re: phil- is the ritecare dim still the best

Yes they ship to the UK and all over the world for me it's the best and I stay with what works.
    It will take 3 to 4 weeks to get it.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.