Do hot flashes follow the clock?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by ASaxon, Sep 11, 2005.

ASaxon

ASaxon Junior Member

I have a quick question,

Every night for a long time (over a year at least) at around 12am to 1am just before I go to bed I get what I can only assume is a hot flash. I didnt suspect that it could be a hot flash until I read about hypogonadism and saw that swings in T can cause hot flashes. These hot flashes always happen at around the same time of night and consist of me feeling hot, seating and having to turn on a fan and I even get a little lightheaded which feels like my mental fog getting a little worse. After about 15 to 30 mins it subsides and everything goes back to normal. Well, as normal as a symptomatic hypogonadal man can be. Sometimes it lasts a little longer.

Anyone ever experience anything like this? Is it strange that this happens every night like clockwork? Im just wondering, I now figure its because of some sort of sudden swing in T but I think its a little strange that it happens at around the same time every night.

pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Junior Member

Yes been there done that. My hot spells would be at the same time in the middle of the night. For me it was high E2 and I was about 325 lbs at the time. E2 goes up at night.
    Phil

ASaxon

ASaxon Junior Member

Im having my nightly hot flashes...made me think about coming up to check the board.

Just curious, how do you know it's E2 and not T? Doesn't T go up at night too? Just curious how you know.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
    pmgamer18

pmgamer18 Junior Member

As you know I have neen on TRT for over 21 yrs. I never had this until I got into my 50's and became over weight. 2 yrs. ago I read this link and still feel it is a dam good read. But I don't buy anything from them.
    http://www.lef.org/protocols/prtcls-txt/t-prtcl-130.html
    I told my Dr. to test my E2 and it was high. Getting my E2 down a lot of problems I had stoped. ED, hot flash's, trouble reacing an orgasm, panic attacks, low pain in my prostate with slow voiding, rashs in the same spots, hives from eating shrimp and the upper part of my body looking like I had a bad sunburn.
    Phil

ASaxon

ASaxon Junior Member

Interesting. The reason why I ask is because I just had my E2 checked twice and its been normal both times (26 and 37: RR < 56) but I still would have these hot flashes at night. Of course, a lot of things can cause hot flashes from what I understand. I still think its kinda funny that they happen at around the same time every night. :)

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.