Does low T make your penis numb/tingle ?

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by benaiah, Apr 16, 2007.

benaiah Junior Member

?? I know this sounds weird, but can low T levels suddenly make your penis shrunk a little, and then some tingling and numbness underneath ??
    Could this just be due to lower testosterone levels at the moment, and could full feeling return if my T levels are corrected? Has anyone experienced this, or know first hand about this from experience?

I have recently been diagnosed with "low" testosterone levels, i.e . approx 400.
    And my dick has been giving me some problems.
    I have heard it is called hypogonadism.
    In my case it was caused by taking propecia, and then stopping suddenly.
    I know a lot of you think this is a load of crap, but I shit you not!
    Anyway, I just want my mojo to return to normal. I only took Propecia for 3 WEEKS!! I know, I can't believe it either, but I've NEVER, EVER had problems before.

Anyway, sorry for posting on this board. I know it is mostly steroid users, but I have also noticed a lot of hypogonadism, caused by low T, and this is my situation.

Anyway, I just hope the sensitivity at the base of my shaft will return to normal. Its just not like it used to be. My penis is just acting differently and I'm wondering if this is because of low T levels. ALso, if any of you have then been able to boost your T levels and had penis return to normal.

Thanks for any and all responses! .. also, sorry to be so explicit!
    Thanx guys!
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007

zumper Junior Member

Actually this board is not mostly steroid users but people like you:cool: .

JanSz Junior Member

Usually it is about balance and not about boosting level of one hormone.
    To figure out what to do we mostly go by numbers from blood tests.
    Feelings are also used but more in tuning thyroid.
    So find a doctor who wil give you a script for good blood test, then take it from there.
    I posted my list many times. If you want I can post it again.
    Off hand lack of feelings in a pines -- E2 or good/bad estrones.

benaiah Junior Member

Yeah, just out of curiosity, what is your list? Anyway, have people, have you, recovered from this? Do you have to take something now for the rest of your life and have to be balancing hormones and blood tests now for the rst of your life.
    And also, do "things" feel right for you now?
    sorry for all the questions, but appreciate the help..

Thanks, B

JanSz Junior Member

My list I put below this message. Print it and give your doc to sign and make it into script or attach to the script.
    I never used any steroids.
    I am 67yo, I am on Tcream or T supplementation for life.
    I have to watch my E2 and other things.
    Most people that used steroids are for life also.
    Rarely you see somebody recover his HPTA for extended period of time.
    The better I am tuned the bettert I feel.
    The usual explanation is that E2 levels are hard to keep steady.
    Best help is in frequent testing. LEF sells scripts for many blood tests. Their E2 cost $24.75
    Test can be done, say every two months. The test is done by LabCorp and result is send to your home.
    Things never feel like that one night in my life when I was 19. Or even as it was up to about 5 years ago.
    But I do the best of what I can and try not to stress about it.
    My List:

Complete metabolic Panel
    Hepatic Function Panel
    Lipid Panel

Total Estrogens
    Estradiol, sensitive
    Total testosterone
    Free Testosterone (calculated)
    Bio-available Testosterone (calculated)
    sex hormonebinding globulin (SHBG), serum
    DHT (dihydrotestosterone)
    prolactin, serum
    FSH (3rd Generation)
    Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
    Free (t3) triiodothyroxine
    Free T4
    Total T4
    Total T3
    DHEA Sulfate
    Cortisol, AM/PM
    SOMATOMEDIN C (igf-1)
    C-reactive protein (high-sensitivity)
    Hemoglobin A1C
    Lp(a) lipoprotein
    AST (SGOT)
    Insulin, fasting
    Glucose, plasma
    Vitamin D, 1, 25-Dihydroxy
    Vitamin A
    B12, selenium, zinc, copper
    Free PSA
    FreePSA/Total PSA
    Estradiol, Bioavailable
    role model

role model Junior Member

Just a thought, Long distance bike riders get what you described, and they do not have low T. Its from sitting on the seat leaning forward which cuts off the blood flow.

Recless Junior Member

Sorry to get off topic here....but the opposite is actually true. It's rare for a steroid user's HPTA not to recover. Usually severe abuse or genetic disposition results in permanent hypogonadism. If you are takling about the people in this forum who have tried but failed then yes it's rare but people don't usually come here until they have problems. All steroid users are in a state of hypogonadism when they come off if they used for more than a few weeks and most recover just fine. The same is true of propecia's rare for someone to discontinue use and propblems to still persist permanantly. It does happen...just a tiny percentage though compared to the millions upon millions of users of the drug.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
    role model

role model Junior Member

Originally Posted by JanSz
    Most people that used steroids are for life also.
    Rarely you see somebody recover his HPTA for extended period of time.

I have to agree with Recless, I've done cycles on and off for over 25 years. My boys always bounce back in about 2-3 weeks.

JanSz Junior Member

I am guessing that you are right.
    This board mostly deals with the unforunates who did not recover, and there is a lot of them, so the problem is real.
    In my case I never used steroids or exercised as I should have, but in mean time I got 67yo and need to help myself.
    Lots of mysery is caused by uninformed doctors.
    I do not even blame the doctors, it is new science.
    Wish that the subject of out right steroid use and "ordinary" TRT were not politicized as much,
    so research could progress and more people could get help.
    Since I bought few supplements I am bombarded by magazines pushing all kind supplements and injectables.
    I do not mind that.
    But I think every of those companies would do the "cause" a favor if they provided solid education on at least 30% of pages, reduce hype and unfouned ot totally exagerated claims.
    They could present them self more as respectable scientific publication and less as a trash rag.
    Life Extension Foundation is good example how to go about the subject.
    They just do not go far enough with what they do.
    I do not blame them for higher price of their product but they present themself more like Mercedes than a Yugo.

FYI777 Junior Member

Very true,you have to be sure you have a proper seat.This can also cause infertility.

benaiah Junior Member

How long do you think it takes for people to return to normal. It has been 2 months for me.
    role model

role model Junior Member

Why don't you just try some hcg for a week or two and see if that helps, if it doesn't you know its some other type of problem.

FYI777 Junior Member

propecia is finasteride,yes?

Weird that it causes shutdown in that it is not an androgen, rather a DHT blocker.

benaiah Junior Member

well, I guess it stops T from making DHT. I guess DHT is one of the most powerful androgens, and forms of testosterone. I feel like such a fool for ever taking it. The stuff should really be banned. DHT is also most important androgen for male sexual function... only if I had known!
    Idk, it threw off the chemistry somehow.. What's crazy is it was only 3 weeks
    role model

role model Junior Member

If you feel so strongly that propecia is the culprit, I would contact an attorney about your concerns.

benaiah Junior Member

Oh, it definately is. propecia did this to me. I never get sick or injured from anything. I took it for three weeks and it changed my life. I'm not just a paranoid dude. I get banged up all the time. I'm a professional tree climber, and I run the company, I get knocked around.
    Propecia did something to my dick! no doubt. I am furious, and feel like an idiot for ever taking it. I coulda had hair transplants later in life for 5-10-20 thousand maybe. But I'd happily pay 100thousand to have my dick back the way it was before all this.
    Sometimes I think I can just shake it. I'll have a good day or two. But then I wake up the next day, and uts still there, I feel it still. There's like some sort of blockage down there. Something is just definately not right in there..
    I often think its blood flow., but sometiems just hope its something more concrete like T.

This is why I ask - Do guys with steroid induced hypogonadism (ASIH) experience these side effects (numbness in penis, pain in testicles, discomfort down there), or do you think in my case its gotta be finasteride?
    I'll ask it again, do bodybuilders with hypogonadism actually "feel" discomfort in their dicks, lose sensation and such, when their T's all of a sudden fall drastically??
    Thanks for reading
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
    role model

role model Junior Member

No we don't experience these side effects taking steroids or even after coming off them when our junk isn't working properly from the steroid abuse. It must be something else and it does sound like some kind of blockage down there. What I would do is contact a Medical personal injury lawyer in your area and ask him what your next steps should be. If you have a case it will not cost you anything up front, he will just get his 33% plus expenses after the case is over. Bro you need to do something next week if at all possible with a Dr. or attorney.

What are the possible side effects of PROPECIA?

Like all prescription products, PROPECIA may cause side effects. In clinical studies, side effects from PROPECIA were uncommon and did not affect most men. A small number of men experienced certain sexual side effects. These men reported one or more of the following: less desire for sex; difficulty in achieving an erection; and, a decrease in the amount of semen. Each of these side effects occurred in less than 2% of men. These side effects went away in men who stopped taking PROPECIA. They also disappeared in most men who continued taking PROPECIA.

In general use, the following have been reported: allergic reactions including rash, itching, hives and swelling of the lips and face; problems with ejaculation; breast tenderness and enlargement; and testicular pain. You should promptly report to your doctor any changes in your breasts such as lumps, pain or nipple discharge. Tell your doctor promptly about these or any other unusual side effects.

benaiah Junior Member

yeah, we've been discussing it for months over on the Propeciahelp forum.

Also this site came out first:

There are people talking about it. Its been known for a few years already. I just wish I had done better research. I feel SO STUPID I know. Especially cause I'm a bio major!!

ANyway, there is a doctors and lawyers section where people are starting to contact people.
    Thing is, its one of Merck's biggest sellers. Millions are on it. ALso, how does one technically prove propecia did this to them. Most of us don't have pre-propecia blood rsults or anything of the nature.
    Some of at least just want to start by trying to expose Merck first, i.e. getting it written about in some famous newspapers and such.
    Also, I guess a Swedish reporter put together and aired a Swedish documentary all about it. So I think word is getting out.
    Believe me, I'd love to get cured, and of course get some sort of compensation. Because realistically, Merck prescribing this to men for cosmetic purposes is a crime to humanity. This is the biggest example of corruption in pharmaceuticals I have ever witnessed myself unfort. Propecia is comparable to chemical castration in rats!! Its crazy man. Look in the "finasteride studies section" on the Propeciahelp forum.
    Believe me, there are MANY people that are outraged over this, and something will happen soon. I'm sure it'll get banned sooner or later. Just hopefully this doesn't happen to many many more men first.
    Its just Merck is a big big powerful company, and they make billions on this drug!
    role model

role model Junior Member

Well, I sure wouldn't throw in the towel already. Class action lawsuit is coming I'm sure if there a web site full of people harmed by it. It sure doesn't hurt to make a few calls. Trust me a good attorney will find the proof.

jaydee Junior Member

I am an ex finasteride user also who is having problems. As far as the blood flow issue goes, I dont think its the problem. I think its hormonal....possibly a mix of low DHT and low T, but somthing tells me its got a lot to do with estrogen dominence also - causing the shrinkage. And I think its all interelated. Lowering DHT allows E to get out of control.....etc. I think we might be confusing chronic shrinkage with blood flow problems. Add to this the fact that DHT is essential for proper penile tissue growth, and you can see how you end up where you are when you inhibit that.

When I first started TRT, my libido went through the roof (still didnt quite "feel" right though), but one thing was made abundantly clear and that was that my junk actually worked. I think its more about hormones and hormonal pathways with this stuff. And I cant even begin to understand it, but thats my opinion based on my own experience with this drug.

When I first got off finasteride, I thought my dick was going to fall was that bad.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.