Does marijuana calm or stimulate nervous system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ErikR, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ErikR

ErikR Member

Alot of guys i roll with in bjj smoke weed before bed. They say ot helps them sleep. Anybody know if its a stimulant or depressant

NorthMich likes this.
  2. NorthMich

NorthMich Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Neither. In general (discounting heavy abuse), it tends to temper extreme swings in things. Glycemic response, blood pressure, mood swings - all get tempered a bit, and this can be healthy.

A lot of this depends on the strain. You're balancing THC and CBD High THC can be edgy and racy. Too much CBD and you're sleepy. I tend toward a higher THC to CBD ratio during the day. Hit a higher CBD ratio at night.

ErikR likes this.
  3. Morefyah

Morefyah Member

It’s definitely not a depressant! Sativa strains are stimulants and indica strains give more of a body high and and help with sleep. Almost all modern day strains are created from cross genetics.

ErikR and NorthMich like this.
  4. NorthMich

^^^^ What he said ^^^

5. Thaistick

Thaistick Member

THC is actually a mild hallucinogen. The stimulant/sedative effect depends on the strain and the individual's reaction.

ErikR, jaymaximus and NorthMich like this.
  6. NorthMich

^^^what he said, too^^^

Lol

7. jaymaximus

jaymaximus Member

Marijuana is classified as a hallucinogen. It depends on the strain, thc levels, and person as to how it affects you. I smoke a good Indica and sleep like a drug induced baby

Johne71, Johnny442 and ErikR like this.
  8. HIGHRISK

HIGHRISK Member

NorthMich and MisterSuperGod like this.
  9. Back when i used to smoke, i could never fall asleep while high. Long ass time ago. Haven't tried lately though. Just don't like how it makes me feel anymore.

Now i get high on life and G O D. :D

SuperSwede and TideGear like this.
  10. Good old fashioned propaganda. Love it!

11. valuum

valuum Member

I smoke every day and I don't get tired from it anymore. It does affect your sleep though I imagine if I didn't smoke I'd have a hard time falling asleep.

NorthMich and ErikR like this.
  12. ErikR

ErikR Member

My whole issue is that i cant sleep after bjj class. Im wired and i cant fall asleep. I have to be up early and its really hurting my recovery since i weight train as well . Its like having trensomnia. My nervous system is amped up. Some guys smoke and says it helps them.

TideGear likes this.
  13. TideGear

TideGear Member

I'm the same way. If I smoke before bed my mind will run and keep me up. Sometimes it makes me antisocial and sometimes it relaxes me. I think it depends on the amount I smoke and the strain. OG Kush is the exception. That shit made me cooler than the other side of the pillow. I would love to find some more

ErikR and MisterSuperGod like this.
  14. TRT

TRT Member

I smoked recently after not smoking for 12 years and holy shit was I fucked up. Won't do that again.

ErikR likes this.
  15. Big_paul

Big_paul Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

Sativa is an energetic high, and indica is used for couch lock.

ErikR, Ultimatepip and NorthMich like this.
  16. NorthMich

And there's a blended spectrum of hybrids in between. With known effects. Pick a few and try is the only way. If you need help, call me.

ErikR likes this.