Does nolvadex permanently affect GH/IGF-1??

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Ziggajay, Jan 20, 2011.

Ziggajay

Ziggajay Junior Member

As the title states, I've read reports around the web that tamoxifen/nolvadex suppresses GH and igf-1 production. I was wondering if there is any research showing it has any lasting effects on these hormones.
    Also, what are the purported lasting effects of taking nolvadex in general? I'm trying to find the right SERM to come off TRT and really cant find many better alternatives than nolva.

Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

I know of no lasting effects of SERMs on IGF-1/GH. For the package insert on drugs, go to DailyMed: About DailyMed . Also, see http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens...rine-regulation-growth-hormone-134296705.html

Ziggajay

Ziggajay Junior Member

Hey Doc, whats a good dosing schedule with Tamoxifene to come off TRT?
    My testicles have not shrunk at all as far as I can notice, even during cycles of 600mg EW of Test. Cyp. Would this mean I can skip the hcg?

Also in your opinion, Clomifene vs Tamoxifene, which is better, and which is safer for pct? (I've heard reports of genotoxicity caused by tamoxifene, and on the other hand reports of eye damage with Clomifene.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
    Michael Scally MD

Michael Scally MD Doctor of Medicine

I do not make it a habit of commenting on individual cycles. There are a number of considerations on PCT, which can be found within Meso. As for a SERM comparison, the following might be of interest. [See: http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/mens...reston-anyone-heard-134285641.html#post671255 ]

Tsourdi E, Kourtis A, Farmakiotis D, Katsikis I, Salmas M, Panidis D. The effect of selective estrogen receptor modulator administration on the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis in men with idiopathic oligozoospermia. Fertil Steril 2009;91(4 Suppl):1427-30. The effect of selective estrogen receptor modulato... [Fertil Steril. 2009] - PubMed result

This study evaluates, compares, and contrasts the effects of three selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs), namely, tamoxifen, toremifene, and raloxifene, on the hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis in 284 consecutive subfertile men with idiopathic oligozoospermia using three therapeutic protocols: [1] tamoxifen, 20 mg, once daily (n = 94); [2] toremifene, 60 mg, once daily (n = 99); and [3] raloxifene, 60 mg, once daily (n = 91). The antiestrogenic effects of SERMs at the hypothalamic level result in a statistically significant increase of gonadotropin levels, which is more marked for tamoxifen and toremifene compared with raloxifene.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.