Donating blood more frequently??

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by HypeBeast00, Jun 28, 2018.

1. HypeBeast00

HypeBeast00 Member

Alright so a week ago I was experiencing symptoms of high hemoglobin or rbc count. So I donated blood and problem is 75% solved the symptoms are definitely reduced but I feel its still slightly high due to symptoms still present. How can I get red cross to accept another donation without waiting 8 weeks. Going through the doctor is not an option he refuses to do this unless I come off anabolics permantly

2. Evom1

Evom1 Member

Get a friend who's a phlebotomist or do it yourself

3. Eman

Eman Member

Here's a crazy idea... Get bloodwork done.

If you actually need to drain that much blood to alleviate problems, there is something wrong.

There is a trend going on with guys donating blood constantly. That's great because people might need it but, I think more often than not the AAS user didn't really need to donate in the first place.

Havah and Logan44551 like this.
  4. Logan44551

Logan44551 Member

Totally agree, I donated becuase I never had and kept seeing everyone talking about high hemocrat. Got blood work done and I'm slightly anemic from the donation. Turns out I probably didn't need to donate in the first place.

Eman likes this.
  5. HypeBeast00

HypeBeast00 Member

Can I get some tips on how to do it yourself? Just get a needle and take out the plunger and fill a pint up? What happens if you pass out?

6. HypeBeast00

HypeBeast00 Member

No it definitely is high when i donated blood at red cross it was high and i believe it still is so gotta fix that Asap

7. Evom1

Evom1 Member

What a relief

8. Eman

Eman Member

What is high?

It's abnormal to need to donate that much blood in such a short time frame... Fixing it would be getting to the root of what's causing it.

9. jonkobeck

jonkobeck Member

NO - First of all you can't go by those finger prick machines at the Red Cross. They are very inaccurate. I have first hand experience with that. For a while I was donating every 3 months for about a year. My Ferritin plummeted to 0 (undetectable levels) and I was anemic. Took a year to get it back to normal. I only need to donate about once very 8 months now. Go get a real blood test.
    Secondly; just what these "symptoms" you are referring to?

10. Bodo III

Bodo III Member

May I ask what symptoms you were experiencing while ferritin was really low?

11. jonkobeck

jonkobeck Member

Fatigue mostly, and slightly lightheaded. But mostly fatigue.