Dr Scally...Clomid or Nolvadex for HRT

Discussion in 'Steroid Forum' started by MR10X, Nov 10, 2011.

MR10X

MR10X Well-Known Member

Dr Scally,what are you thoughts on using something like clomid or nolvadex to raise my test levels since i am 65 years old and dont really want to do TRT right now.I still do bodybuilding and lately since i have been using your procol for pct have noticed i can hold onto a lot more muscle vs not doing any PCT.I started using steroids in 1980 and back then there was no PCT known to follow.I only did 8 week cycles and never had a problem recovering. I used your PCT recomendation and really like the way it helped me after my cycle.I plan on going to a endo the first of the year that specializes in hormone treatment and get a complete bloodwork to see where my hormone levels are and go from there,i Would rather not go on TRT if there is another alternative like Clomid or Nolvadex,the only the thing that bothers me with clomid is the side effects with higher doses.. I do short 8 weeks cycles during the year maby 2 or 3 with moderate doses of test and something like EQ or tren...

Read more from the MESO-Rx Steroid Forum at: http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/steroid-forum/ask-michael-scally-why-134289740-8.html#ixzz1dKu4ddDf

solo47

solo47 Active Member

MR10X, at 65 and all those years of external enhancement, you've earned a free ticket on a rest-of-your-life cruise on hormone replacement therapy. There just ain't enough of your own hormones being produced by your body to bother "enhancing" your natural output. Stay young, stay strong, until the Big Trumpet blows. If you can get GH prescribed, do that too. Take the free ticket, my friend. Get on the bus, Gus. Don't try to be coy, Roy.

All aboard!:rolleyes:

Always merry & bright,
    Solo

Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Steroid Forum Leader

Keeping estradiol in the 20's pg/mL has health benefits as well as tending to improve testosterone.

I'd recommend doing that (with an AI) and see how it works before considering long-term clomid/nolvadex use.

One reason for this is that, while there's no evidence of their being seriously genotoxic and so where there's substantial benefit from short-term use of them I'm in favor of it, I don't have the same feeling about risk/benefit with regard to 365 days per year, year-in-year-out use.

MR10X

MR10X Well-Known Member

I was thinking of using an AI while i am on a cycle,probably 8 weeks and using clomid and nolvadex only for pct and continuing to use those until my next cycle.My last cycle i started using 500mg Sustanon instead of the Test E i usually use and i got some gyno which i usually dont have a problem with.The only other compound was tren A which i have used in 3 other previous cycles and not had any issues other than the night sweats,cardio loss,and a slight increase in agression.I was using 600mg a week of Test E and 150mg EOD of tren a in my previous cycle. I guess ill have to wait and see what my blood work shows after being off everything for 3 or 4 months and go from there.

Bill Roberts

My reply above was to your first post, which I thought was talking about raising testosterone during periods of not doing cycles, and after pct was completed.

MR10X

MR10X Well-Known Member

That is what i want to do is raise my testerone level while im off cycle so i can maintain more mass, not necessarily gain more mass because i cycle my training also and just want to maintain while i am not traing to gain mass.I seem to hold onto more when i am doing the clomid/nolvadex phase of PCT than if i dont do PCT.I would like to keep it in the high/normal range while im off cycle,but i dont want long term use of an AI or Nolvdex/clomid. My thoughts are to use the AI at differnt times than the Clomid/nolvadex to avoid issues with using either for a long time.Obviously going on TRT would be much easier than using an AI or serms but i am not ready to do that. once i find a doctor that understands hormones and knows what i want to do i can get bloodwork to evaluate my levels it will be all good.Then i can get perscriptons for stuff that i have faith in.I am using research stuff now and it seems to be working for me.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    Bill Roberts

I know of no issue of any kind with using letrozole or arimidex long-term, where dosage keeps estradiol in the 20's pg/mL.

Adverse side effects of these drugs so far as I know are only from excessive effect in lowering estrogen, where dosing is too high.

Rather than alternate between an AI and a SERM while off-cycle and past pct, I would use only the AI to maintain desired low-normal estradiol level.

MR10X

MR10X Well-Known Member

I have used letro and it is strong for me,i have adex now and what i prefer,i just wounder how much to use and how much i will elevate my test level. I was using .5mg daily while on cycle ,so i think .5 EOD would be a good dose im only looking to do this for another year or 2 and will then probably go on TRT.

Bill Roberts

It's fine preferring arimidex, but if you found a problem of letrozole being too "strong" the problem was dosage, not the drug itself.

If you got blood tests for estradiol level while on-cycle and using this amount of Arimidex, what were the results, and how much testosterone were you using?

About what is your testosterone level normally when off-cycle? Do you have a figure for your estradiol level off-cycle?

When using letrozole, what dose was too strong? Off-cycle, or when using how much testosterone?

Apologies for all the questions, but without any information, it's really impossible to say.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
    MR10X

MR10X Well-Known Member

I didnt get blood test while on the cycle,i was using 250mg of sustanon every three days with some tren A.I got gyno pretty quickly so i started the adex at .5mg daily.I normally use 300mg test E every three days but wanted to start using faster release compounds.I used the sustanon for 4 weeks then switched to test prop to finnish. I front loaded the sustanon at 500mg for the first shot then used 250mg every three days.i could tell my test level rose very quickly compared to using test E. I am waiting till first of the year to get blood work so everything will be out of my system. I used letro at a pretty high dose to get rid of some gyno which i have had for long time,which didnt work.I totally killed my libdo but at lower dose it worked good,i used it till i ran out and am now using adex.I guess what i need to do is find a doctor that will work with me,i dont expect him to give me a prescription for steroids except maby some test for TRT.I am willing to be honest with him and tell him what i have done and what am currently doing.

Bill Roberts

You can get blood tests without (or almost without) a doctor's help: for example, LEF.org offers prescriptions online.

(Technically, there is a doctor involved, but for practical purposes it's exactly as if there isn't.)

Without any results it's possible only to come up with an initial guess of an appropriate dosage. It would take testing to find out if it's correct.

For example, it might be the case -- it is the case for about 20% of men -- that your estradiol is ALREADY in the optimal range, in which case the correct dose of an AI would be zero. Or you might have high estradiol and furthermore be a low responder to the drug. So it does take testing to be accurate.

As a guess, try 0.25 mg every other day, but with 0.5 mg on the very first day and only that day. And after 2 weeks, see what your estradiol level is.

It would be better yet to measure it now before doing anything, but if wanting to limit testing, just doing the above would be okay.

solo47

solo47 Active Member

Again, you have earned a free ticket on the HRT bus. You'll be "younger", more alive, stronger, for longer. Why hesitate?

Solo

MR10X

MR10X Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about it and im going to a doctor first of year and get some blood work done.Theres something about still being 65 and still fully functional that keeps me from TRT.
    When i was with that young girl she wanted to have a baby and i was actualy thinking about doing it,i have plenty of spare time and really gave it some thought. I have been using 10mg a day of nolvadex and 50mg of clomid EOD and it seems to be working pretty good,i hold to most of my muscle and i feel like i am using a little bit of test.,without out the bad side effects.

© 1997–2015 MESO-Rx. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer.