ED Lithium

Discussion in 'Men's Health Forum' started by Atillah67, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Atillah67

Atillah67 Member

Anyone else found TRT helped while taking lithium or other bipolar medications?

I was able to help my ED noticeably while taking lamictal, but since switching over to lithium, I've noticed it was as if I was slowly being chemically castrated until the dick seems dead. Has anyone else had similar experiences? Unfortunately, the lithium is incredibly effective at treating bipolar disorder but I don't want to live alone forever, especially with a great physique helped by 200 mg of t a week.

Has anyone with BP disorder had this experience or had success using another drug? Lithium is the most notorious of the BP drugs, while Lamictal is much rarer in cases being reported. Depakote and the others I know less about.

2. 350lift

350lift Member

was able to help my ED noticeably while taking lamictal, but since switching over to lithium, I've noticed it was as if I was slowly being chemically castrated until the dick seems dead

^^^
    It’s probably because mood stabilizers blunt your feeling and more likely level out your neurotransmitters just my guess haven’t done a ton of research into bipolar medicine. Looks like you have your answer.

3. Alien_Genetics

Alien_Genetics Junior Member

I'm on lithium and have been taking gear for a long time. There is nothing like lithium in terms of effectiveness. TRT of course will improve everything. Have you seen a psychologist and had a really solid diagnosis. Drs are not in business if they put every psychiatric patient on trt. There would be no need for a psych doc. With lithium you will have to get your blood drawn and I have to be conscious of my lipids if they were to test them. Usually its my hematocrit and rbc that is elevated. Then they are trying to treat me and I'm not going to tell a shrink I'm on gear. When I went on TRT/Gear it made me 10x more stable and really improved my life. I stay away from androgenic compounds, the farthest I go is low dose tren (140-210) weekly. Often Low dose 100-200mg Lamictal is prescribed along side lithium for added stabilization or to calm hypo mania.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    eryximachus likes this.