Encrypted Email

Discussion in 'Security, Privacy & Anonymity' started by raysugar1234, Jun 23, 2014.

1. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

Which encrypted email are some of you guys currently using? I'm looking to get a new one, I"m currently using vmail but I'm not sure how secure it is..

2. MythotiK

MythotiK Member AnabolicLab.com Supporter

I run gmail through thunderbird with pgp, and shazzlemail

-Myth-

raysugar1234 likes this.
  3. Colt44

Colt44 Member

I use countermail and shazzlemail. Both work great for me.

raysugar1234 likes this.
  4. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

I like this idea cause Gmail is already my current email and I really like it, it would be nice to not have to change it. Is it difficult to do this? UR talking about Mozilla Thunderbird right?

5. MythotiK

Yes sir, pretty easy to setup as well...I can run you through it...

6. lightspan

lightspan Member

Gmail and pgp. Simple as dirt.

7. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Gmail + Thunderbird + PGP: I do this too. You can also install torbirdy addon to run it through TOR.

Alternatively, you can use Gmail + Mailvelope - extremely easy.

raysugar1234 likes this.
  8. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Keep in mind that email privacy and email anonymity are two different things.

9. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

Ok kool I'll let you know if I have any problems

10. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

Well I got the Mozilla thunderbird client it works really well. Thanks guys. I'm running both of my email addresses through it.

11. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

I got the enigmail add on for pgp encryption

12. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

how long does it take to create an email encryption key? it's been like 15 minutes and it's not done yet..

13. MythotiK

Couple seconds

-Myth-

14. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

I got it figured out, now i can send encrypted emails from both of my email accounts

15. MythotiK

Yahtzee

-Myth-

raysugar1234 likes this.
  16. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

When I have TorBirdy enabled I keep getting a message that says "The Proxy server is refusing connections". I disabled Tor and it was fine, did you have this problem with Tor enabled? I'm looking for a solution now..

17. Millard Baker

Millard Baker Member

Just want to check if this is the case --> You need to install and launch TOR (TOR browser bundle) first. Then, use Thunderbird + TorBirdy. TorBirdy alone doesn't connect you to TOR.

18. raysugar1234

raysugar1234 Member

Yeah I installed it through Through Thunderbird but I didnt get a TOR browser bundle.. I will get that thanks..

19. Bender83

Bender83 Member

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I figured it'd be better than starting a new one. Like others above, I am also running gmail through thunderbird with enigmail and tor birdy. What do these services like shazzle mail, countermail, safemail, etc. provide over what I am already doing?